Greetings from New York (western, not the city)

JWSpaulding

Years ago I had a CJ7 (258, 4 speed) that hardly ever had the roof or doors on. I went more places with that than my old lifted pickups of my youth. I was in love with them. I later found out that while my dad was in the National Guard at Fort Drum, he was the corproal in charge of the motor pool and was the only guy on base to have an assigned Jeep. Not even the CO had one. Great stories from those days.

Last year I needed a newer vehicle quick. My Trailblazer was on life support. I found a completly beautiful Jeep Compass ('15) that had all the bells and whistles. I quickly determined that this was not the Jeep I really wanted or needed. It was the smallest vehicle I ever owned. And that was all too apparent when I tried to put anything inside it. No towing, no roof rack. No thing but get my butt around in. But that's what I had until two weeks ago when the sun (which we don't see from November till April) was glaring at me and I was driving blind. I crushed the back of a BMW SUV. Hardly any damage to his, but mine was totaled out. I spent a lot of time looking for a JKU and against my gut, I went to a small dealership to look at a 13' JKU Sahara. 60K clicks on it. He took a grand off and got me better financing. I am very happy with this. I feel like I have the ride that I have been yearning for.

Of course I have a long list of additions to it, but it rained the other night and I cannot believe how bad the headlights are. The other issue is the radio/nav screen is too bright and I cannot figure a way to tone it down except to just turn it off.

I will be looking for Jeep trails in my neck of the woods, but in western NY public lands are non existant, and travelling is the only way to enjoy some off road dirt and mud.

What happned to the Jeep Wave? I pass wranglers all the time and no one ever reciprocates. When I had my CJ everyone did it.

Anyway, hope to meet some of you in person -
John, Rochester, NY

wjtstudios

Hooked
Welcome from Detroit! Congrats on the new Jeep. Yes the headlights suck, lots of LED options. For the nav brightness, it should be controlled on the interior light dimmer switch. Dial it back a few clicks and you should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fury22

Hi from Buffalo! Pm me and i can tell you where there is an offroad event on the 13th in attica...

Top Bottom