VIDEO : EVO UP - The Beginning of a Badass JEEP GLADIATOR Pickup Truck Build

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
After a fun filled weekend of testing EVO's brand new Jeep Gladiator Sport pickup truck off-road, Cindy and I headed down to their shop in Fullerton, CA and to see the beginning of a truly badass build. With less than two weeks before the Moab Easter Jeep Safari, there was a ton of work that needed to get done especially being that this truck will ultimately be sitting on a set of 40" tires. In this short video, you'll get a behind the scenes look at everything getting torn down, see some of the parts that'll be going into it such as an EVO lift kit and a set of Dana UD60 axles and you'll even get to hear some of the other plans that Mel has in store for it. We hope you enjoy and be sure to check back during EJS to see the completed build.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

Brute

Hooked
Me likey a badass Jeep truck...

Can’t wait to see it in person...and EJS is right around the corner...

jeffj

Caught the Bug
Exciting times to be a Jeep enthusiast!! Are they putting those axels on the Rubicon model? They sound like a pretty sweet option.

JAGS

Hooked
Going big is the way to go for the JT. That’s going to look beastly. Maybe I’ll get one in four years when my JL is paid off. [emoji6]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Me likey a badass Jeep truck...

Can’t wait to see it in person...and EJS is right around the corner...

Hope to see you soon :)

Exciting times to be a Jeep enthusiast!! Are they putting those axels on the Rubicon model? They sound like a pretty sweet option.

Nah, this is a Sport. When all is said and done, Mel is gonna try to get this thing built up for about the same cost as a loaded Rubicon. :yup:

So awesome! Thanks for the behind the scene build footage :thumb:

So glad to hear you enjoyed it :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's going to look pretty damn sweet when they get done.:thumb:

I agree. I'm so excited :wings:

Going big is the way to go for the JT. That’s going to look beastly. Maybe I’ll get one in four years when my JL is paid off. [emoji6]

Well, if you're wanting it to perform more like a Wrangler, yes. Otherwise, it'll do great as a pickup truck just as is :yup:

jesse3638

Hooked
Can't wait to see the finished product. I'm also looking forward to see how it performs in the Baja. Thanks for sharing and putting together another great vid.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
I’m really excited to see how they build this. I’d be really curious to see if/how he builds this sport for roughly as much as a loaded rubi.... that might change some future decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Can't wait to see the finished product. I'm also looking forward to see how it performs in the Baja. Thanks for sharing and putting together another great vid.

Glad you enjoyed the video and yes, it'll be something to see it racing in the Baja!

Same cost as a Rubicon. Where do I sign up for mine?

Yup. This Sport costs about $35k. A fully loaded Rubicon can cost about $60k. Mel is hoping to make a badass build from this starting point and within the $25k difference.

Haven’t watched the video yet, but why the Dana UD60 axles instead of Dynatrac?

I think it's a part of his price point perspective and availability.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’m really excited to see how they build this. I’d be really curious to see if/how he builds this sport for roughly as much as a loaded rubi.... that might change some future decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

We were doing some number crunching and I think it's totally doable especially if you're willing to do a lot of the install work yourself.

Brute

Hooked
Glad you enjoyed the video and yes, it'll be something to see it racing in the Baja!

Yup. This Sport costs about $35k. A fully loaded Rubicon can cost about $60k. Mel is hoping to make a badass build from this starting point and within the $25k difference.

I think it's a part of his price point perspective and availability.

We were doing some number crunching and I think it's totally doable especially if you're willing to do a lot of the install work yourself.

It would definitely require the labor cost to be minimized by diy...

Top Bottom