Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rattle Free Tire Carrier, looking for opinions. PSC, Expedition one, Genright?

Fresh Catch
    I think I might have missed what size tire you're looking to carry but I have a 35" on a Rugged Ridge heavy duty tire carrier and it's solid with no rattles.

(Not my pic)
    IMG_4050.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve also got the Evi hinge carrier. Has been on for about 18 months. Super tight and never heard a rattle

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

My new JL came with a Mopar that is mounted to the gate hinges. Only driving for 2 days, so no idea if it will rattle.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nothing but a Thing RESURECTIONJK's Avatar
    If I wasn’t running the PS carrier I’d be running the EVO hinged carrier. Eddie did an awesome video on the install he did for their JL and Don aka Clearskies is running one on his JK. I’d run that any day and, still might if I get sick of the one I have now.

Caught the Bug
    The EVO Hinged Carrier is a nice setup, but it didn’t sit flush/flat on my tailgate. There was a gap between the carrier and tailgate that cause the inside sheet metal to pull in and deform when tightening the right side bolts from the factory carrier. Didn’t like that and couldn’t find a solution so I sold it.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by sph801 View Post
    I think I might have missed what size tire you're looking to carry but I have a 35" on a Rugged Ridge heavy duty tire carrier and it's solid with no rattles.

(Not my pic)
    IMG_4050.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mount for 35" tire
    2016 Rubicon Hard Rock
    AEV 4.5" Dual Sport lift - Warn Winch

Knows a Thing or Two Seahawkfan's Avatar
    Nice. Is this one that is 100% mounted to the bumper and not tied into the tailgate?[/QUOTE]

Yes just the bumper. LOD makes some nice things. I would imagine that the one that attaches to the tailgate is nice too. But no first hand experience. Lots of choices with what others have added. Good luck

Knows a Thing or Two Seahawkfan's Avatar
    [QUOTE=sph801;1126541]I think I might have missed what size tire you're looking to carry but I have a 35" on a Rugged Ridge heavy duty tire carrier and it's solid with no rattles.

(Not my pic)
    IMG_4050.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/
    Looks like Rugged Ridge should have picked a different jeep for their ad. Tailgate looks damaged and hanging low.

Rattle Free Tire Carrier, looking for opinions. PSC, Expedition one, Genright?

The Rockhard 4x4 also is a one hand operation, like EVO. It comes with a Hi-Lift jack mount and CB antenna mount included. It sits flush and is adjustable for back spacing and tire height. IMG_0394.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile appIMG_0395.jpg

I have had 2 of the carriers you are asking about. I stated with the Exception One Trail bumper. The single handed opening worked great, no rattles. Only complaint, when I cut my fender flares the bumper and flares did not line up, looked weird in my opinion.

Then came the Genright, great carrier, looked fantastic, no rattles. Only complaint was opening it. pulling two pins was a royal pain after awhile.

I now have the EVO tailgate carrier, so far so good, no rattles. We just got home for Moab, no issues on the trails with a 37 on it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast