Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rattle Free Tire Carrier, looking for opinions. PSC, Expedition one, Genright?

Fresh Catch

Rattle Free Tire Carrier, looking for opinions. PSC, Expedition one, Genright?

Hey all, recently purchased a 16' JKUR HR that has some aftermarket parts on it already and I'm tired of the rattly tire carrier. It has the Smittybilt SRC oversized tire carrier and its horrendous with how much it rattles and we haven't even been off-road yet. Been on the tire carrier hunt for the past week or so and seems like so many options. Seems like body mounted carriers or a carrier that ties into the rear bumper would be the way to go for support. Been looking at tire carriers and tire carrier/bumper setups.

I really love the look of the Genright tire carrier, seems like a setup like this would definitely be rattle free since it's not attached to the tailgate one bit. I could also run any bumper I like with this setup. Not sure if I like how this style of carrier attaches to the body. Not sure how well the rear corners would do if the carrier caught an edge dropping of a ledge or such. Obviously I don't plan on backing into anything but in the case of getting rear ended or if you did back into a tree or such I would imagine the body damage of the rear corners could be bad. I've seen the Evo carrier but not looking at replacing rear corners yet.

Poison Spyder offers their Rock Brawler II bumper and tire carrier. Looks to offer pretty solid features and construction.

Expedition One trail series rear bumper with tire carrier - looks pretty solid as well.

JCR Shield carrier with Crusader bumper - I like the diagonal hi-lift jack mount option for this carrier.

Any input for a rattle free solution? Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by Mountain_Bound; 04-04-2019 at 03:12 AM.
    2016 Rubicon Hard Rock
    AEV 4.5" Dual Sport lift - Warn Winch

Rattle Free Tire Carrier, looking for opinions. PSC, Expedition one, Genright?

I have a Rockhard 4x4 Freedom Series. Easy install and rattle free. It accepts up to a 37 in tire.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have the genright carrier for 2 years now. I have 37's at the moment and I still have room on the carrier. No rattles or funny noises. But the two hand/three step process in opening it to get to the rear hatch is getting old.

Fresh Catch
    Rockhard 4x4 rear bumper with tire carrier and 2 jerry canholders on mine love it no rattles on it after 2 yrs.

Evo Hinge mounted tire carrier.

Nothing but a Thing RESURECTIONJK's Avatar
    I love my PS body mount carrier. Easier to get big heavy tires up on because I don’t have to line up three studs. Mounts it up high and it allows me to run a bumper if I choose (currently running without and love it) also has provisions for rotopax etc. And once you get the latch adjusted and set right, it’s rattle free. Haven’t had to adjust it in two years.
    Install is a bit tedious but not difficult at all.

IMG_0852.JPG

Nothing but a Thing QuicksilverJK's Avatar
    The Genright is great as far as no rattles. I run 37s. You get used to the multi step tailgate operation. As far as the corners holding up.... I got mine used from someone who backed into a tree and crumpled the corner. Not the tire carriers fault but this particular person decided to go with a different option after the incident.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
    Evo Hinge mounted tire carrier.

This is what i went with as well just waiting for brown Santa to deliver it.

Knows a Thing or Two Seahawkfan's Avatar
    LOD bumper mounted. No problems. No rattles.

Fresh Catch
    X2 on Evo’s tire carrier.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast