Cons of fender deletion?

Lss Broly jku

Interested in a fender delete kit but I’ve been hearing about some pretty serious cons as a daily driver. Interested in your opinions/experience with them.

Braxtonsag

Iv debated it but after having seen Jeeps on the highway with them and seeing how stupid they look I passed. The sides of the body will be nonstop dirty and IMO they only look good on full width axles and 40s. Anything less makes the jk look like an oversized YJ and just appears very gaudy

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Interested in a fender delete kit but I’ve been hearing about some pretty serious cons as a daily driver. Interested in your opinions/experience with them.

First off, being that you live in CA, you're inviting yourself to getting pulled over time and time again for fix it ticket after fix it ticket. Second, the sides of your Jeep will constantly be dirty and the paint chipped from stones being thrown off of your front tires.

longarmwj

I mean if you like rock chips all over your Jeep go for it. The front end of the JK is way too tapered to look good with a fender delete. The rear end looks okay but not the front.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

bholder817

Like most have said it will get a whole lot more dirt thrown up on it. Only when wet conditions occur. I personally like the look. I have been running fender less for almost 5 months. Fortunately without any harassment. I haven’t noticed any chips in the paint from rocks so maybe I have been fortunate. But.... I am now going to be putting on some flat fenders to make the wife happy. She doesn’t share my same like for the fender less Jeep...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lss Broly jku

Has anyone tried the rough country fender delete kit ?

Just shopping around and haven’t seen any customer pictures.

MericaMade

I like the look but after cutting my stocks down to about 4 inches I would not do it. With 4 inch fenders I get a lot of stuff thrown up at my doors. I think its illegal in Commiefornia.

Top Bottom