CJ-7/YJ Door Price?

Spazbyt

Hooked
Help me out guys. I have a pair of Full hard doors off of my Cj-7 and was curious what I should be selling them for. I have had 2 people tell me that 800 is to high. I cant find a better set on craigs list or ebay and I can't imagine you could build them any cheaper. The rust spot is in a bad spot and probably scaring people off? Is there a surplus of YJ doors out there? :idontknow:

Attachments

• 20190307_105107.jpg
    20190307_105107.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 20190307_105742.jpg
    20190307_105742.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 20190307_105624.jpg
    20190307_105624.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 71

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It’s a rusted YJ door. YJ’s are not popular for people just to cruise in. Most people who own them build them or just enjoy it. Not to mention that rust is pretty bad.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
They'll fit a CJ7 as well but the desire for full doors is not really big. Half doors are where it's, at and those sell for a premium.
The rust repair cost would be factored in to a buyer so that does bring the cost down. If someone really needed them and they were perfect, you might see $800 or a little more.
As is, more like $400-$600.
I'd still advertise at $800 to start and bargain down if need be.

RCVRY

Are you not willing to ship them?
If you can ship them and wait until Fall you’ll get a premium price from someone North of you.
Full doors are scarce in my neck of the woods.
Right now people are spending money on summer upgrades.

Spazbyt

Hooked
Thanks for the replies everyone.

It’s a rusted YJ door. YJ’s are not popular for people just to cruise in. Most people who own them build them or just enjoy it. Not to mention that rust is pretty bad.

How can you tell they are YJ doors? Not that it makes a difference. I'm just curious?

Cut 'em down into half doors and sell for $1200. 😎

I gave that some thought but probably too big of a project for me. The sheet metal would be fun but I would have no idea what to do with the interior of the door.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

They'll fit a CJ7 as well but the desire for full doors is not really big. Half doors are where it's, at and those sell for a premium.
The rust repair cost would be factored in to a buyer so that does bring the cost down. If someone really needed them and they were perfect, you might see $800 or a little more.
As is, more like $400-$600.
I'd still advertise at $800 to start and bargain down if need be.

Good call at $800! I got a buyer but now I'm going to have to ship them more then half way across the country.

Top Bottom