Installing gussets without removing ball joints

Braxtonsag

i have year old stock ball joints and teraflex ball joints on the shelf that iv been waiting to install until after the gussets. Welder friends are hard to come by around these parts and its getting to the point my ball joints NEED changed. With the Teraflex HD ball joints being all steel internals(from what iv read), would it fuck them up installing the gussets after they're installed or is that only a worry with the OEM joints with the plastic inner seat? Id really like to get these things on so i dont have to worry about it anymore.

WJCO

Meme King
I helped a buddy install some gussets last year and just kept wet rags on the ball joints while I welded per EVO's instructions. Seemed fine.

I'll be installing some gussets on our JK next week and the ball joints are newer. Not too concerned about it. Just go slowly with the heat.

Braxtonsag

I helped a buddy install some gussets last year and just kept wet rags on the ball joints while I welded per EVO's instructions. Seemed fine.

I'll be installing some gussets on our JK next week and the ball joints are newer. Not too concerned about it. Just go slowly with the heat.
Nice, thanks brother. Gonna get these done then. Tired of the wobble from 45-55\

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
i have year old stock ball joints and teraflex ball joints on the shelf that iv been waiting to install until after the gussets. Welder friends are hard to come by around these parts and its getting to the point my ball joints NEED changed. With the Teraflex HD ball joints being all steel internals(from what iv read), would it fuck them up installing the gussets after they're installed or is that only a worry with the OEM joints with the plastic inner seat? Id really like to get these things on so i dont have to worry about it anymore.

I kept air blowing on mine and took my sweet time so nothing got too hot. That was on stock ball joints and didn’t cause any issues. You should be fine if you go slow.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom