Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Axle Upgrade/Minimum Scrub Radius

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Just to make you feel better, here's an OEM axle and a prorock showing that same bushing.

Attachment 324600

Attachment 324601
    Thanks for the feed back. While Iím glad itís correct i still canít figure this death wobble out. Checked the torque on all the front arms and track bar. Will recheck tie rod tomorrow. Torqued the wheels and even swapped front to rear (had them balanced twice with no changes). The saga continues.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    That bushing that looks like it isn't pressed in all the way in, actually it is. OEM or aftermarket, that is ok; that's how it is.

Check to ensure ball joint nuts are tight and track bar bolts are torqued properly to 125 foot pounds. Check drag link and tie rod nuts also. And of course ensure your lug nuts are tight.
    Should all the suspension components be torqued to 125 foot pounds or are there different amounts depending on the component? What is a reliable source for these torque specs?

Axle Upgrade/Minimum Scrub Radius

After you have checked the front track bar, check the usual causes of death wobble: play in the ball joints and wheel bearings. Donít assume that they are fine because they are new or near new.

Awesome link! Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    After you have checked the front track bar, check the usual causes of death wobble: play in the ball joints and wheel bearings. Donít assume that they are fine because they are new or near new.

I will have the shop check these out tomorrow but I guess I would be very surprised that Dynatrac would have not caught this in QC before sending out. In my email correspondence with Cory at Dynatrac he has not referenced checking their work once and says it has to be something else. He very well may be right but at this point when youíve checked everything else youíre left with checking the not so obvious or expected. Thanks for the direction!!

So I found that the front upper shock bolts needed to be tightened. Weíll see if this fixes the problem. At this point Iím still going to rent a U-Haul trailer to get my Jeep to Moab. Too uncertain about death wobble to flat tow?

Can you post a picture of front axle which shows tie rod end to end and steering linkage? I want to see drag link/track bar angles etc.

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    Can you post a picture of front axle which shows tie rod end to end and steering linkage? I want to see drag link/track bar angles etc.

Here is a pic of the front suspension.
    IMG_2597.JPG

Tough to see with splash shield and stabilizer in the way but it doesnít look like they are parallel. Tie rod looks like it is bent weird too. Try having someone saw the steering wheel back and forth sharply and look for movement in joints and track bar bushings.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast