Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VIDEO - JL JOURNAL : BOMBS AWAY - EVO Bomber Rocker Guards w/ Skins INSTALLATION

Been Around the Block danford.lau's Avatar
    Finally got around to watching this . Great video Eddie . They look awesome . Unf after seeing the install, gonna go with the weld on sliders when I upgrade .. that’s just too much work !!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two MericaMade's Avatar
    How wide is the step on the slider and do you know if the JL version is wider then the JK version? Can you get a good part of your foot on the step? How have they held up so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    That was labor intensive...and sharp looking too
    Not real hard to install but a lot of steps for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Jsouder53 View Post
    Looks great! Hopefully they hold up well. How are the sliders mounted on Moby? Body or frame?
    Quote Originally Posted by RESURECTIONJK View Post
    Moby is running the EVO frame mounted sliders and their rock skins.
    What RESURECTIONJK said, they're frame mounted on Moby and we are running skins as well.

Quote Originally Posted by blacker1 View Post
    You guys have the best videos in the business, hands down! Thanks again for sharing them all with us!
    Thank you! We're truly flattered that you would say as much

Quote Originally Posted by deezus View Post
    I've talked to Kingsize about these and was told if I wanted sliders for rock crawling to wait for the weld ons. Are you worried they will flex into the body?
    Also how are they as a step?
    Actually, after spending a week in Moab and banging on them pretty damn hard, I'm happy to say that these rocker guards have held up surprisingly well. I literally hit them hard enough to click my teeth and other than some scratches - no problems and NO body damage. As far as them being used as a step goes, they work better than any tube slider I've run to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford33 View Post
    Man those are super sweet looking!
    They really are.

Quote Originally Posted by Trail JK View Post
    They look awesome!
    It's a big part of why we got them. Love how they look.

Quote Originally Posted by danford.lau View Post
    Finally got around to watching this . Great video Eddie . They look awesome . Unf after seeing the install, gonna go with the weld on sliders when I upgrade .. that’s just too much work !!
    LOL - it's labor intensive for sure

Quote Originally Posted by MericaMade View Post
    How wide is the step on the slider and do you know if the JL version is wider then the JK version? Can you get a good part of your foot on the step? How have they held up so far?
    I don't know how wide the JK ones are but these seem to offer a decent amount of step or at least, for our needs. Also, they've been holding up surprisingly well and I do say surprising being that I wasn't too sure about them

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Not real hard to install but a lot of steps for sure!

What RESURECTIONJK said, they're frame mounted on Moby and we are running skins as well.

Thank you! We're truly flattered that you would say as much

Actually, after spending a week in Moab and banging on them pretty damn hard, I'm happy to say that these rocker guards have held up surprisingly well. I literally hit them hard enough to click my teeth and other than some scratches - no problems and NO body damage. As far as them being used as a step goes, they work better than any tube slider I've run to date.

They really are.

It's a big part of why we got them. Love how they look.

LOL - it's labor intensive for sure

I don't know how wide the JK ones are but these seem to offer a decent amount of step or at least, for our needs. Also, they've been holding up surprisingly well and I do say surprising being that I wasn't too sure about them
    Teeth chatter is good, it means sliders are solid. I'll probably go with these for the step alone.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Awesome install video! Looks great!

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two MericaMade's Avatar
    So no RVT on the back of the skins?

Quote Originally Posted by MericaMade View Post
    So no RVT on the back of the skins?
    I didn't use any on this video but will most likely add some when I get a chance. I just apply it to the edges and smooth it out.

Finally watched this video. Those look sharp. The installation looked to be pretty time consuming..haha. Several more steps than the poison spider ones I have installed on my JK. I thought the comment about someone with big hands was pretty funny. I used the "tool" that came with the rocker guards which was as you described. It wasn't accurate at all and have one nutsert that spins. The astro tool sure made it go quick and easy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123