Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: VIDEO - JL JOURNAL : BOMBS AWAY - EVO Bomber Rocker Guards w/ Skins INSTALLATION

  1. #31
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    31,635
    Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    Eddie, or anyone with experience with both of my items in question, I'm torn between Lod frame mounted and these. I need to get something for a step for Alex pretty soon here, not the end game and while ultimately ill put on the EVO frame mounted sliders (if they ever make it to the market), i also want something that will hold up to some abuse along the way. I think if i go this route I will hold off on the skin portion for right now, but would you say this offers a bigger step than the LOD ones? Also, these seem to have held up pretty well for you, any issues?
    You need the skins with these.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

    2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    1975 DJ5

  2. #32
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    53,714
    Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    Eddie, or anyone with experience with both of my items in question, I'm torn between Lod frame mounted and these. I need to get something for a step for Alex pretty soon here, not the end game and while ultimately ill put on the EVO frame mounted sliders (if they ever make it to the market), i also want something that will hold up to some abuse along the way. I think if i go this route I will hold off on the skin portion for right now, but would you say this offers a bigger step than the LOD ones? Also, these seem to have held up pretty well for you, any issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    You need the skins with these.
    What Adam said ^^^^

    So far, mine have held up well but only because I have the skins. The two tie in together to help make a stronger rocker guard. As far as steps go, I find that both do a good job but these might do a bit better being that they're flat on top and all the way across.

  3. #33
    Old Timer benatc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    3,361
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    You need the skins with these.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE


    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    What Adam said ^^^^

    So far, mine have held up well but only because I have the skins. The two tie in together to help make a stronger rocker guard. As far as steps go, I find that both do a good job but these might do a bit better being that they're flat on top and all the way across.
    You guys are just trying to get me in trouble for drilling holes in a newish jeep aren't you lol.. sounds good though, and thanks for the feedback. Decisions decisions..

    Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

  4. #34
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    53,714
    Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    You guys are just trying to get me in trouble for drilling holes in a newish jeep aren't you lol.. sounds good though, and thanks for the feedback. Decisions decisions..
    LOL - it really isn't so bad and I confirmed with EVO that if you want to move over to frame mounted sliders in the future, the skins for it will bolt up to the same holes.

  5. #35
    Old Timer benatc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    3,361
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    LOL - it really isn't so bad and I confirmed with EVO that if you want to move over to frame mounted sliders in the future, the skins for it will bolt up to the same holes.
    That's good to know, I think this is the way I will go here soon. Seems like a better step and i honestly don't love the LOD ones, not sure why, they seem very high quality but just don't do it for me.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

  6. #36
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    53,714
    Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    That's good to know, I think this is the way I will go here soon. Seems like a better step and i honestly don't love the LOD ones, not sure why, they seem very high quality but just don't do it for me.
    The LODs are good sliders and we've punished ours and they've held up well. Bubba at Exodus was running a set on the JKX and you can see them doing their job as well. If you don't mind drilling 1 hole in your frame, I still have my old LODs in my garage and you can install them and test them out if you want.

  7. #37
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    31,635
    Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    That's good to know, I think this is the way I will go here soon. Seems like a better step and i honestly don't love the LOD ones, not sure why, they seem very high quality but just don't do it for me.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    What’s wrong with the stock rails?

    IMG_8374.jpg


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

    2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    1975 DJ5

  8. #38
    Knows a Thing or Two Abntroop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    What’s wrong with the stock rails?

    IMG_8374.jpg


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    IMG_0047.JPG



    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE
    Matthew Nicholas
    The Wampa- 16’ JK Rubicon Hard Rock
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the RECOMMENDED-Jeep-Parts-amp-Accessories section of this forum will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

  9. #39
    Old Timer benatc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    3,361
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    The LODs are good sliders and we've punished ours and they've held up well. Bubba at Exodus was running a set on the JKX and you can see them doing their job as well. If you don't mind drilling 1 hole in your frame, I still have my old LODs in my garage and you can install them and test them out if you want.
    I'll shoot you a message, I appreciate the offer
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    What’s wrong with the stock rails?

    IMG_8374.jpg


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    Hey! Where'd you get that pic?? Lol. Stock rails did their job, for 1 trip, something tells me they dont have many beatings left in em.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

  10. #40
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    31,635
    Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    I'll shoot you a message, I appreciate the offerHey! Where'd you get that pic?? Lol. Stock rails did their job, for 1 trip, something tells me they dont have many beatings left in em.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I snagged a couple pics of this and others on the early morning dog walk. Lol


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

    2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    1975 DJ5

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BOMBS AWAY : EVO Bomber Rocker Guards w/Skins for JET
    By wayoflife in forum Jeep JL Wrangler
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-22-2019, 04:22 AM
  2. Evo Rock skins or Poison Sypder Rocker guards?
    By RebelconJk in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-16-2015, 05:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS