Rim Fitment Question

Gren71

Preface...Im terrible with rim and tire sizing and backspacing. Ive read a mess and it just doesnt seem to click for me. I did search around a bit on the forum before just posting a questions...but as there are 500+ threads, I just dont have time to peruse them all.

Im looking to finally upgrade my stock rims. I currently have 315/70r17 crammed onto my stock rims.

I recently ordered
https://www.quadratec.com/p/tactik/...07-16-jeep-wrangler-and-wrangler-unlimited-jk which are 17x9 rims

I really didnt event think to check fitment before ordering...rookie mistake.

The fellas at quadratech said 315/70 R17 wont fit on them...Im just wondering if i can make it work, similar to have I have with the stock rims...or do I need to send them back and continue the search for better rims.

Last edited:

Wethy

What tire are you running?

But You should be fine. Generally the approved rim width for a 315/70/17 is going to be 8.5"-11" so 9" will be fine. Just make sure to check your tread pattern and tire pressures. If possible do a chalk test to make sure your wearing evenly accross the tread and adjust psi accordingly.

And 4.75" is a pretty well used backspacing on a JK. More common is 4.5" but i have 4.75" of back spacing with my 2.5" and my 35s(the equivalent to a 315/70) fit just fine.

Sent from my SM-G960W using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gren71

What tire are you running?

But You should be fine. Generally the approved rim width for a 315/70/17 is going to be 8.5"-11" so 9" will be fine. Just make sure to check your tread pattern and tire pressures. If possible do a chalk test to make sure your wearing evenly across the tread and adjust psi accordingly.

And 4.75" is a pretty well used backspacing on a JK. More common is 4.5" but i have 4.75" of back spacing with my 2.5" and my 35s(the equivalent to a 315/70) fit just fine.

Sent from my SM-G960W using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for the reply. As i did a little more research I found that the stock rims are actually a little smaller than the ones i bought. So you are right it shouldnt be a problem.

https://www.treadwright.com/collect...emish-lt-at-axiom-35x12-5r17-8-ply-remold-usa

Im going with the treadwright axiom's. I've used treadwright for years and never had any problems. So I am confident in their product. Ive only used their WARDEN though, but unfortunately they stopped making it in the size I wanted.

Top Bottom