Cracked windshield

AjayChan

This is my third jeep and each one I'ved had to have the windshield replaced due to a crack. Is it the angle of the windshield that makes it so vulnerable?

Ajay

TrippWalker

They got me for a special windshield warranty at the dealership... unlimited windshield repairs with no deductible for 5 years. Hoping I don’t need to use it, but I’m hearing it’s inevitable with a Jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mine just cracked the other day. They gave me that windshield warranty when I bought mine. I just can't find the paper work [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

USMC Wrangler

Thankfully it only costs a few dollars per month through State Farm in AZ for all three of my vehicles to get glass coverage. No deductible and they even covered a rear soft top window that was cut.

I’m on my 4th windshield since July 2013. Definitely the angle. It catches everything.

Eloucha

This is my third jeep and each one I'ved had to have the windshield replaced due to a crack. Is it the angle of the windshield that makes it so vulnerable?

Ajay

By now u should know windshield has a magnetic for rocks u can cal” 800 # jeep manufacture in Toledo Ohio and they will tell u same thing. But I guess JL they change the angles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jorgelrod

Hooked
I'm on my second, still, I don't know if it's me, but I'm seeing a ton of JL broken windshields, far more than JKs in my opinion.

Betsy

25 years, 6 Jeeps, it’s like regular maintenance, new windshield every spring broken, sand blasted or both, the new JL hasn’t got one yet but only 2500 miles . They sand the roads here with gravel .

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AjayChan

I always seem to get one driving from the beach each year during July. By the time I pull into my drive way the crack reaches all the way across. Luckily this year I haven't got it replaced yet but then I have 2 more dings from rocks from recent travels.

Ajay

reywcms

On my 3rd in a year. I was thinking of trying a clear film to see if it would help. Almost like a screen protector for you phone. They make rolls of these for businesses to prevent rocks being thrown through the glass.

Jsouder53

Hooked
I'm on my second, still, I don't know if it's me, but I'm seeing a ton of JL broken windshields, far more than JKs in my opinion.

I think I saw that Jet Li’s windshield has a crack even... maybe I was mistaken, I thought I saw a crack in one of his videos

Last edited:

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
First one with this jeep, it's worse now still haven't replaced it but it's all very low. Next week it'll get taken care of

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190128_154743.jpg
    MVIMG_20190128_154743.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 144

AjayChan

On my 3rd in a year. I was thinking of trying a clear film to see if it would help. Almost like a screen protector for you phone. They make rolls of these for businesses to prevent rocks being thrown through the glass.
Where can you find that product?

Ajay

Top Bottom