VIDEO - JL JOURNAL : SYNERGY Heavy Duty Tie Rod / Drag Link / Stabilizer Relocation

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As some of you may know, we developed a slight steering wobbled on our Jeep JL Wrangler and one that was especially noticeable when it was cold out. Mind you, this was far from being the dreaded "death wobble" but it was still something we wanted to address and for the most part, was able to mitigate it by installing a new front track bar. However, as we were going through all the possible problem spots to track down this wobble, we found that the tie-rod end on our drag link, right where it connects to the pitman arm, was in fact completely worn out. Needless to say, this was something we've been wanting to address for a while now and after talking to our good friends over at Synergy Manufacturing, they were kind enough to send us their heavy duty tie-rod, drag link and steering stabilizer relocation kit. In this episode of the JL JOURNAL, you'll get to see just how easy it is to install all three.

Beef Up the Steering on your JL Wrangler
Synergy Jeep JL Heavy Duty Drag Link Kit
https://amzn.to/2WqaPNv

Synergy Jeep JL Heavy Duty Tie Rod
https://amzn.to/2Wq6aLE

Synergy Jeep JL Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit
https://amzn.to/2us4ll4

What You Will Need
• 13, 18, 19, 21, 22mm Socket & Wrench
• Ratchet
• 3/16, 1/4" Allen Wrench or Bit
• Ft. Lb. Torque Wrench
• Crescent Wrench
• Floor Jack
• (2) Jack Stands
• Pickle Fork
• 3 lb. Hammer
• Pliers
• Tape Measure
• Drill
• 1/2" Metal Drilling Bit
• Tie-Down Strap

Reasons to Want Synergy Steering Components on Your JL Wrangler
Synergy Mfg. Drag Link
• 1.5" x .25" wall 1026 DOM
• Double Adjusters for easy alignment/steering wheel adjustments (link does not have to be removed after it is bolted in to adjust)
• Single plane TRE at Pitman arm side to eliminate factory drag link flop
• Same part will work in factory and flipped high steer configurations

Synergy Mfg. Tie Rod
• 1.5" x .25" wall 4130 Chromoly
• Heat treated after the bending operation to stress relive and then harden (similar to how an axle shaft is heat treated) This process almost doubles the strength of the regular normalized material.
• Double Adjusters for easy alignment/steering wheel adjustments (tie rod does not have to be removed after its bolted in to adjust)
• Single plane TRE at one end to eliminate link flop
• Optional high mount stabilizer relocation

TRE's
• Designed based off of a GM 1-Ton TRE
• Massive 1-14 Threads
• Preloaded internal spring designed to keep the joint tight as the internal bearing wears
• Full metal on metal design eliminating the factory Nylon bearing race that commonly fails
• Specially designed grease groves in ball OD to allow for maximum lubrication
• Forged bearing housing made from heat treated 1018
• Ball stud (larger than stock TRE) forged from 4140 and heat treated
• Tear/wear resistant NBR grease boots
• Smalley Spirolox style boot retaining clips
• Same TRE (4163-L) can be carried as a spare and work on ALL ends of both the drag link and tie rod
• Replacement TRE costs just $30 each

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

:cool:

blacker1

Very nice! They manufacture a great product and their tech support is awesome. I have these on my JK and they are quite stout!

pop2tu

I think this might be the first time, I have seen you not have the right tool for the job. Great video, thank you for taking the time to go through step by step.

DMF

You're install videos are the best! I'm going to need to check the slit on my adjustment sleeves now to make sure I have it right. Also I love my Synergy steering components with Plush Ride springs and Rancho adjustable shocks, my Jeep feel so smooth at 75+

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Another good video!

Side note, the fact that you get the tightening of the lug nuts to mesh with the music in the background are the things that separate you guys from others. Nice work!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Blame Harris for the missing 22mm. I’m sure he still has it from JLX [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] all joking aside, it’s so awesome you take time to explain in detail each step and why. Nobody does it better!

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Per usual I’m way late but this video was awesome . Gonna do my tie rod sometime soon and this made me feel way more comfortable about the install . Thanks Eddie and Cindy

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome!! Those ought to be tough as hell! :thumb:

Well, after a week of wheeling in Moab, they're still holding up great! A nice improvement over stock for sure :yup:

Very nice! They manufacture a great product and their tech support is awesome. I have these on my JK and they are quite stout!

If you can believe it, these are even beefier than the ones they make for the JK and as you've pointed out, they are quite stout. :yup:

I think this might be the first time, I have seen you not have the right tool for the job. Great video, thank you for taking the time to go through step by step.

:cheesy: LOL - to be totally honest, I was a bit surprised as well :crazyeyes:

You're install videos are the best! I'm going to need to check the slit on my adjustment sleeves now to make sure I have it right. Also I love my Synergy steering components with Plush Ride springs and Rancho adjustable shocks, my Jeep feel so smooth at 75+

I should note that it's not critical to have them lined up, just ideal. I talked to Synergy about this and they said proper toe and steering centering needs to take precedence.

How’s the wobble now? Completely gone?

As a matter of fact, yes :)

The parts look nice and strong!

How’s the wobble now? Did they help?

Cheers!

This helped to tighten up everything. :yup:

Great video [emoji106][emoji106] That trip to HD for a 22mm definitely needed a shopping cart [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Well yeah - doesn't everyone use a cart just for one thing? :cheesy:

Another good video!

Side note, the fact that you get the tightening of the lug nuts to mesh with the music in the background are the things that separate you guys from others. Nice work!

:cheesy: Glad to hear subtle things like that don't go unnoticed by guys like you :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Blame Harris for the missing 22mm. I’m sure he still has it from JLX [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] all joking aside, it’s so awesome you take time to explain in detail each step and why. Nobody does it better!

LOL - It's funny because I was sure I had one in my trail bag if nothing else. I must have lost it on the JLX :crazyeyes:
We really do appreciate the kind words about our videos :)

Helpful Video! Nice Work.

Thank you :)

Love the Ninja style moves just opening the boxes.:clap2: Learn a lot watching your videos.Thanks

:cheesy: Glad you enjoyed the silly little things we like to do with our videos :)

Per usual I’m way late but this video was awesome . Gonna do my tie rod sometime soon and this made me feel way more comfortable about the install . Thanks Eddie and Cindy

Awesome, so glad to hear it :)

Brute

Hooked
Another informative video...thank you. Synergy makes quality products, I’ve got several of their tie rods & drag links on a couple jeeps...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very informative!!! Have a couple friends with new JL's so this will be great information to pass along!

Awesome, glad we could be of help :)

Another informative video...thank you. Synergy makes quality products, I’ve got several of their tie rods & drag links on a couple jeeps...

You bet. Like you said, they make good stuff :)

That was a really good video! Thank you for showing us step by step, it really is helpful watching you install them. Those look really stout.

I'm so glad to know that we can help others help themselves with our videos. Even if they don't buy the products we chose to install, the steps and process is still about the same :)

kevman65

Hooked
Finally had time to get the Synergy drag link bar on. Thanks to our fearless leader it was fairly uneventful.

But I do want to give a tip of the cap to the BRILLIANT engineer at JEEP that came up with the joint on driver side. Let's take an area that you can barely get a wrench in, and use an allen head hold back for the stud 🤪 Yeah I cut that fricken boot off and got a pair of channel locks on the stud.

Fucktards, sheeeesh

Top Bottom