Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 40x15.5x20 Toyo going smaller what do you guys like now?

I’ve got Nitto Teragrapplers (?) on my Rockstar plastic rims so don’t feel bad about the mall crawler image. Like you I bought a used Jeep and that’s what the previous owner put on it.

The Nitto’s don’t wear well in my opinion. I’ve had BFG A/T in the past and they’re nice when new but after 15-20k miles seemed to lose their “sticky”.

I’m on the second set of Yokohamas on my wife’s car and really like them. I’d think I’ll try the Geo M/T2 on the Jeep next. I’ve heard their road manners are comparable to A/T but they clean like M/T.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I should sell these fucking things. Hate ‘emIMG_1315.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ended up getting some 38 STT's. Got them for $1450 out the door. Seriously thinking about some 20" Slabs since they say they're going away. Anyone have any negatives on the slabs in the 20" version?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammmerhead View Post
    Ended up getting some 38 STT's. Got them for $1450 out the door. Seriously thinking about some 20" Slabs since they say they're going away. Anyone have any negatives on the slabs in the 20" version?
    I had them on my JKUR with 37s. Was really happy with them, wheel is def. kinda big but I thought it looked fairly proportional with the 37. Screenshot_20190415-131209_Photos.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    I had them on my JKUR with 37s. Was really happy with them, wheel is def. kinda big but I thought it looked fairly proportional with the 37. Screenshot_20190415-131209_Photos.jpg

Thanks for the pic. If you have any more. please post them

Im off road just a few times a year, so I need beadlocks like a hole in the head. I looked at a few different method wheels, but theyre just another rehash of what I have since they're 20's. I figured whats a few more hundred and get the real deal before theyre gone.
    Last edited by Hammmerhead; 04-15-2019 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammmerhead View Post
    thanks for the pic. Im off road about just a few times a year, so I need beadlocks like a hole in the head. I looked at a few different method wheels, but theyre just another rehash of what I have since they're 20's. I figured whats a few more hundred and get the real deal before theyre gone.
    Haha I hear, I will say they did well cornering on road with a shorter side wall too. Its definitely a proven wheel. That being said, I like the look of a beadlock wheel more than most non beadlocks, as well, especially when they get to fancy.

Got the STT's on. Good looking tire and the 38 X 13.50 matches up better with a 4.88 gear. Had a guy that builds a few bouncers align everything up at his shop and it drives better and rides really good with 1.5" of pre load on the 250/300 combo front coils. The EVO long bars with the spanner adjustment wasn't a lot of fun for them, but after pulling off two of them, they finally got them to break loose.

The STT's do seem to make a little more noise than the Toyo MT, which will likely get worse in time. I hope they have a similar life span

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12