Fender fade and spotting

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I've tried Meguairs and it lasted for a bit. There is one people brag about called Aerospace something.

Spazbyt

Hooked
Wiped mine down with rubbing alcohol to get the old back to black off and hit them with a propane torch for just a second. I used a piece of tin foil folded a few times to shield the paint. then reapply Back to Black or whatever you use.

Abntroop

Wiped mine down with rubbing alcohol to get the old back to black off and hit them with a propane torch for just a second. I used a piece of tin foil folded a few times to shield the paint. then reapply Back to Black or whatever you use.

I’ve used wipe new in the past and it works well and holds up well.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I've tried Meguairs and it lasted for a bit. There is one people brag about called Aerospace something.

303 Aerospace Protectant or 303 Interior / Exterior Protectant. I’ve used both and both work good, but they have to be applied with every wash.

medic2283

IMG_0754.JPG

Not sure if anyone else has used this but its pretty freakin amazing. Its like a think oil and dries like nothing ive ever seen, actually bonds to the plastic molecules. Used it in 2016, still all black, no fading.

Gbint

If I had colour match fenders they’d look like shit from all the scratches from off-roading in our BC forest. Same reason JL fenders wouldn’t have much lighting left.

jeeeep

Hooked
I used Eastwood Plastic Resurfacer 4-5 years ago and fenders still look great.

Before
fender before.jpg

After- edges look rough but they're not
fender after.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom