315/70r17 Cooper STT Pro’s

USMC Wrangler

My 35x12.50R17 Nitto Trail Grapplers are down to about 5/32 after about 40,000 miles and 2 1/2ish years. I’m also seeing a lot of small cracks between the lugs as if they are drying out here in AZ. While I like the tire and it’s served me well, it’s hard right now to pay the price for them.

Being that I want to stay no bigger or smaller than a 35, I’m looking at these. The reviews here and the price point are intriguing. Will the 1/2” or so difference really be that big of a deal? Anyone else make this switch?

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

Nice, your gonna love them, I had 295/70 ,great tire in the snow. on slushy streets they can be a little slippery, but I think that's because of the wider tire.

USMC Wrangler

Nice, your gonna love them, I had 295/70 ,great tire in the snow. on slushy streets they can be a little slippery, but I think that's because of the wider tire.

Good to know, even though we rarely get snow/slushy stuff in my part of AZ. Never know where I may end up traveling to. The Nitto’s being replaced were less than stellar during the last freak snowstorm I played in down here this winter.

USMC Wrangler

These are all mounted up now. The only visual part that I thought at first glance that I noticed was the tread width. It looks slightly narrower than the 35 Nitto Trail Grapplers. I’m not complaining though.

They definitely seem quieter than the Nitto’s and in the 30-40 miles I’ve driven them today, no noticeable radial pull. Very happy with these and special thanks to Discount Tire in Sierra Vista, AZ for making another great tire buying experience! [emoji1303]

IMG_7471.jpg

IMG_7473.jpg

IMG_7474.jpg

IMG_7475.jpg

IMG_7476.jpg

USMC Wrangler

I have to honestly state that I’m surprised at the extent of “chunking” these tires have with only a handful of trails and not many miles really. My Nitto’s had some when I replaced them at 40k-ish, but not to this extent at about 5000 miles on the Coopers. I usually air down to 14-16 psi with my non-beadlocks on the trail and am about 28 cold for the road. Am I the only one? Am I being too harsh? Glad I have road hazard certs and feel I’ll be using them versus not once with the Nitto’s.

IMG_8120.jpg

IMG_8121.jpg

IMG_8122.jpg

BaddestCross

I have to honestly state that I’m surprised at the extent of “chunking” these tires have with only a handful of trails and not many miles really. My Nitto’s had some when I replaced them at 40k-ish, but not to this extent at about 5000 miles on the Coopers. I usually air down to 14-16 psi with my non-beadlocks on the trail and am about 28 cold for the road. Am I the only one? Am I being too harsh? Glad I have road hazard certs and feel I’ll be using them versus not once with the Nitto’s.

They're definitely softer than Nitto. I've noticed the same as you describe.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Ok, good to know. The Nitto’s had a noticeable radial pull as they got older. The Coopers haven’t shown signs of that yet, so that’s a plus.

The greatest thing about how soft they are is that I’ve you get into some stuff where you really need more traction, drop them a few psi and the game changes. My 37x13.50s I dropped to like 10 psi a couple times and it literally made it feel like a different rig it was so sticky.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
The greatest thing about how soft they are is that I’ve you get into some stuff where you really need more traction, drop them a few psi and the game changes. My 37x13.50s I dropped to like 10 psi a couple times and it literally made it feel like a different rig it was so sticky.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I just need some time to get mine installed.

Top Bottom