TailGate Check Strap Re-Install W/EVO Tire Carrier

bigmase33

Wayalife,

Super impressed with the EVO tire carrier and their customer service over the phone. The tire carrier was installed without any issues. The main issues i had were reusing or reinstalling some of the stock components. (crazy how EVO's parts work better than stock)

The tailgate check strap was extremely hard to remove and took the pulling force of my 240 lb ass to remove it early on in the install. Wrapping things up i am trying to jam the thing back in so i can re attach it to the tail gate using the bracket from EVO. I can wedge it about half way in with nearly all my strength then it just does not budge any further in between the two rollers. I assume the rollers are compressed via springs so i have tried wedging various sizes of flat head screw drivers to allow for more of a gap to put the strap back in but as soon as i remove the screw driver the strap projectiles back out! To add to this frustration the housing for the rollers has a little bit of rotational play from left to right. Excuse all of the jizz looking grease in the pictures its all i had around the garage at the time haha. Lastly i am unable to use a rubber mallet of any sort to hammer it in because of the angle and curvature of the tailgate strap.

I feel like this shouldnt be this difficult and i am probably just missing something. This part is just optional and the tire carrier will still function but i am OCD and it is gonna bug me forever if i dont get it done! ANy

IMG-1271.jpg IMG-1272.jpg IMG-1269.jpg IMG-1270.jpg

bigmase33

I just re read the install instructions and step 4 said to take it out. I know its not needed but id just want it completed for extra support.

Top Bottom