Jeep Jamboree - Badlands (Indiana)

jfdatlaw

I'm attending the Jeep Jamboree at the Badlands in Indiana this year. I'm wondering if anybody who has attended these has recommendations. I've wheeled before so not so much worried about that part as much as the event and things I'll need to know. Things like:

Events or clinics that are better than others? I see they have a fair number of offerings.

Facilities at Badlands decent for primitive camping? They tell me they have mens/womens showers but the ladies are curious.

How is the food at these things? Bring our own?

Easy to connect with a group on the trail if I'm solo?

Gear that might be helpful not on the typical list?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Holy smokes. I just looked up the event [emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]! Theres some guys on here that go a few times a year to the Badlands.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I frequent at badlands good few times a year. It’s a nice park, we make it a one day trip coming from Chicago.
Food is decent at most, but the park is couple minutes away from the town, am sure you can find something there.
Camping area looks ok, not sure about the showers. I do know they just built a bunch of cabins there if you want to go that route.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Jamborees usually have a lot of stock Jeeps and owners with limited experience going rather slow. You probably won’t do very much of the technical lines or trails.

Your welcome to join one of our runs there. Smaller groups and bigger lines and a lot more fun.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gadget

Caught the Bug
I’ve done 4 Jamborees over the years, 2 in Kentucky, 1 in Michigan, and 1 in Vermont. No complaints, food was good, good trail variety, friendly people. Follow their required equipment list and anything else you normally take when you go wheeling and you should be set. Keep in mind these are not Wayalife Epic Adventure runs but they’re still fun. Hope you enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jfdatlaw

Thanks for the information. I'm sort of used to the runs with less rules but thought this was a good one to try since it's close to me. For $300 a head, I assume they'll have a pretty good setup.

Top Bottom