Tᴏᴡɪɴɢ Qᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴ

Kenthejeepguy

So I’m selling my toy hauler 5th wheel and putting a 9-1/2’ camper on my truck with the intent of towing my lifted 2011 JKRU. Any suggestions or warnings?

I’ll mostly be going a couple hundred miles from home (northern CA) or less... but maybe occasionally as far as Moab or Colorado.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
So I’m selling my toy hauler 5th wheel and putting a 9-1/2’ camper on my truck with the intent of towing my lifted 2011 JKRU. Any suggestions or warnings?

I’ll mostly be going a couple hundred miles from home (northern CA) or less... but maybe occasionally as far as Moab or Colorado.

I’d still put the Jeep up on a light weight aluminum trailer verses flat towing it. Just worlds easier maneuvering it around.

A.J.

Get a trailer big enough to put the camper and the Jeep on it.

https://images.app.goo.gl/RsX88snVdQi73uEg8

Last edited:

dustinfromohio

Depending on the truck you have, you really need to be choosy with your trailer purchase because you can quickly get into class A cdl territory these days and not know it.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Depending on the truck you have, you really need to be choosy with your trailer purchase because you can quickly get into class A cdl territory these days and not know it.

It must be a state to state qualification. I’ve talked to the Michigan state police here and as long as I am towing for “personal use”, my 32’ gooseneck does not require one. I’ll need to start calling other states before traversing west.

dustinfromohio

It must be a state to state qualification. I’ve talked to the Michigan state police here and as long as I am towing for “personal use”, my 32’ gooseneck does not require one. I’ll need to start calling other states before traversing west.

There are a couple things that can get you into trouble. For example, we use our work trucks as personal vehicles on the weekends, even though it’s recreational at that moment you’d have a hard time explaining that to a trooper If the vehicle is registered commercial. Or they will get cute with the definition of “commerce” in some states depending on the use of the towed vehicle on arrival.

Top Bottom