Steering Upgrade options for JKUR with Stage 3 MOPAR lift

dlm_jku

I have a 2015 JKUR with the 3" MOPAR lift on 35s. It currently has about 35,000 miles, I've only put about 4,000 miles on it and the previous owner did most of the modifications shortly after buying it new. Since I've had it I've noticed a lot more play in the steering more recently. The previous owner says he installed a Synergy Track Bar and Synergy Steering Sector Brace. Other than that, I believe the rest of the steering is stock. I've had someone move the steering wheel back and forth while I checked the drag link and tie rod ends and I did notice a little play in all four. I haven't check for ball joint play in the wheels yet. I was wondering what recommendations would be for replacement ends or other necessary upgrades (drag link flip maybe)? I've read a lot of information, some seems to conflict, such as it a drag link flip with only 3" of lift is worth it considering the amount of additional bump stop required. I'm also not sure what the best value for an upgraded drag link and tie rod would be. Is going with the Steer Smarts drag link worth the cost? Reviews seem great, but I've seen lots of much less expensive options for reputable brands. I may eventually go to 37s, but that's years away. I don't want to waste money, but I also tend towards "buy once, cry once".

Last edited:

boardsurfer

I have the same lift. I replaced the steering with all Synergy stuff including a drag link flip. This will make a pretty significant difference in drivability. No change in bump stops.

If you still have play in other components, that needs addressing for sure.

Slimebones

I have the same lift. I replaced the steering with all Synergy stuff including a drag link flip. This will make a pretty significant difference in drivability. No change in bump stops.

If you still have play in other components, that needs addressing for sure.

And I think Synergy offers tie rod ends now with anti-flop abilities built in, as opposed to having to use those anti-flop pucks. Might want to check those out.

Top Bottom