By the way I am an asshole. You have no idea of the asshole I can be.

wibornz

When I first started reading this thread, I was not impressed with the way the mods handled this. I pretty much thought it was being handled like a bunch of 12 old bullies hiding in their safe space behind their keyboard. I did not think this was in the best interest of the web site or the community.

I was WRONG. This has been educational to say the least. I did not realize there was any reason for something like this to get all this attention. After all this is not about business or selling parts or whoring out its members.

Even one of the people responded on the thread told me so by posting this.

WJCO wrote
"Didn't realize owning a Jeep, going out and exploring, and sharing it with others has to be a BUSINESS. One of the best things about Wayalife and Eddie and Cindy's method of doing things is that they love Jeeps and love sharing it with others, and love TEACHING others how to work on their own Jeeps.
Sadly, some OTHER Jeep channels on YouTube have become about MONEY, NUMBERS, and FAME. A lot of OTHER videos out there have no quality content about the love of Jeeps and some OTHER videos out there are just for showing off, being narcissistic, getting subscribers, and pushing products. Eddie and Cindy and Wayalife are not like that and I personally am quite happy with that and will continue to be here and stick up for this place."

So as I sit here drinking coffee this morning, I got to thinking about something a good friend of mine always says, "The whole world is a hustle and a scam." Then add into it that there is not such thing as good or bad press. With that in mind I started thinking about the big picture.

What is the big picture? Why keep pushing this thread to the top? So I start at page #1 and start counting ads, by page #4, I have been counted, been exposed to 60 advertisements customized to my shopping interest. The type and number of advertisements may vary due to your shopping intrest or pages that you have visited. So that is about 15 adds per page. There are 32 pages. So 15X32=480 advertisements. Then when you consider that some pages, I have visited multiple times over the life of this thread, I could have easily been exposed to 600+ custom advertisements.

So lets say that the thread currently has 13,484 views, and that each person has viewed the threads from front to back and have similar advertisement experiences as I do, You would then take 13,484X480 and it would be easy to conclude that the potential advertisement exposure to forum members would be in the neighborhood of 6,472,320 advertisements viewed by members of Wayalife. Of course this number could be higher or lower, but hey even if you cut it in half, it is still a big win.

This is when I realized that the mods were not 12 year old bullies behind the keyboard. They were doing what is in the best interest of Wayalife. They are generating traffic on the site and increasing ad revenue. There was sexy pictures, because sex sells, drama was created, because drama sells, controversy was created because controversy sells.

Well played MODS, well played. I like it.

Originally posted here:
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...while-we-re-out-here-living-the-life-you-want

Last edited by a moderator:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
When I first started reading this thread, I was not impressed with the way the mods handled this. I pretty much thought it was being handled like a bunch of 12 old bullies hiding in their safe space behind their keyboard. I did not think this was in the best interest of the web site or the community.

I was WRONG. This has been educational to say the least. I did not realize there was any reason for something like this to get all this attention. After all this is not about business or selling parts or whoring out its members.

WJCO wrote
"Didn't realize owning a Jeep, going out and exploring, and sharing it with others has to be a BUSINESS. One of the best things about Wayalife and Eddie and Cindy's method of doing things is that they love Jeeps and love sharing it with others, and love TEACHING others how to work on their own Jeeps.
Sadly, some OTHER Jeep channels on YouTube have become about MONEY, NUMBERS, and FAME. A lot of OTHER videos out there have no quality content about the love of Jeeps and some OTHER videos out there are just for showing off, being narcissistic, getting subscribers, and pushing products. Eddie and Cindy and Wayalife are not like that and I personally am quite happy with that and will continue to be here and stick up for this place."

So as I sit here drinking coffee this morning, I got to thinking about something a good friend of mine always says, "The whole world is a hustle and a scam." Then add into it that there is not such thing as good or bad press. With that in mind I started thinking about the big picture.

What is the big picture? Why keep pushing this thread to the top? So I start at page #1 and start counting ads, by page #4, I have been counted, been exposed to 60 advertisements customized to my shopping interest. The type and number of advertisements may vary due to your shopping intrest or pages that you have visited. So that is about 15 adds per page. There are 32 pages. So 15X32=480 advertisements. Then when you consider that some pages, I have visited multiple times over the life of this thread, I could have easily been exposed to 600+ custom advertisements.

So lets say that the thread currently has 13,484 views, and that each person has viewed the threads from front to back and have similar advertisement experiences as I do, You would then take 13,484X480 and it would be easy to conclude that the potential advertisement exposure to forum members would be in the neighborhood of 6,472,320 advertisements viewed by members of Wayalife. Of course this number could be higher or lower, but hey even if you cut it in half, it is still a big win.

This is when I realized that the mods were not 12 year old bullies behind the keyboard. They were doing what is in the best interest of Wayalife. They are generating traffic on the site and increasing ad revenue. There was sexy pictures, because sex sells, drama was created, because drama sells, controversy was created because controversy sells.

You are more dumb than I thought.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King

WJCO wrote

:cheesy: Sounds like you need more coffee. You just wasted a bunch of time and brain cells on something completely ridiculous and untrue. Believe what you want though :cheesy:

Oh, and this:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

WJCO wrote

That may be the dumbest thing, that has been posted. I’ll tell you what, you never have to look at another ad here, again. Log out and hit the bricks. You obviously don’t like it here.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wibornz

I like it here. I am just pointing out the obvious even if you don't see it. Maybe you just don't understand how advertising works and how ad revenue is generated. Maybe you are all to stupid to see that.

Waste time. No, that was about 10 minutes. But hey I get to see stuff that I might buy. After all I do buy the stuff that is advertised to me on this site.

WJCO

Meme King
I like it here. I am just pointing out the obvious even if you don't see it. Maybe you just don't understand how advertising works and how ad revenue is generated. Maybe you are all to stupid to see that.

Waste time. No, that was about 10 minutes. But hey I get to see stuff that I might buy. After all I do buy the stuff that is advertised to me on this site.

Thanks for the extra thread bump for the advertising boost. :thumb:

:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes:

Ddays

Hooked

So your theory is that the mods prolonged/promoted this thread with the intention of generating money?

wibornz

Hey I generated the next page, that I have viewed twice now and it has 11 ads on it. Sweet. More money for Wayalife. I like Wayalife. I support it sponsors, I buy Jeep stuff from ads that I see on this site. I have outfitted my Jeep with products from this site specifically because of recommendations that Eddie has made.

So insult me all you want, from your keyboard. It holds no real value to me. I am on this site because I value what Eddie and Cindy do for the Jeeping community and the knowledge they shares with us.

Ddays

Hooked
Hey I generated the next page, that I have viewed twice now and it has 11 ads on it. Sweet. More money for Wayalife. I like Wayalife. I support it sponsors, I buy Jeep stuff from ads that I see on this site. I have outfitted my Jeep with products from this site specifically because of recommendations that Eddie has made.

So insult me all you want, from your keyboard. It holds no real value to me. I am on this site because I value what Eddie and Cindy do for the Jeeping community and the knowledge they shares with us.

Again, I ask, are you saying the mods promote/prolong threads with the intention of generating money, i.e, they're online salesmen?

wibornz

So your theory is that the mods prolonged/promoted this thread with the intention of generating money?

No, I don't don't think they have the ability to see the bigger picture. I think that by their conduct, they generate drama, and controversy that increase views, that increase ad exposure that generate sales and ad revenue for the site. I think that the additional ad revenue and sales are a byproduct of them not being able to successfully manage conflict and resolve problems at at the lowest level possible. I think that they have little to no conflict resolution skills, They do things on purpose to drag this mess of a thread out. At any time, they could have taken the high road and put an end to this. But hey lets insult another member that buys stuff form the vendors on this site. I wonder how many more post will be made from my post alone, how many more views will be generated? It will not be hard to measure. When I posted on page #32, there was 13,484 views. So lets wee where it goes from here. I thing i have added the correct level of drama and conflict. I am even being called stupid, dumb and a drug user. I think with many of them it has more to do with ego and they can not see past that. So lets see where it goes.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
No, I don't don't think they have the ability to see the bigger picture. I think that by their conduct, they generate drama, and controversy that increase views, that increase ad exposure that generate sales and ad revenue for the site. I think that the additional ad revenue and sales are a byproduct of them not being able to successfully manage conflict and resolve problems at at the lowest level possible. I think that they have little to no conflict resolution skills, They do things on purpose to drag this mess of a thread out. At any time, they could have taken the high road and put an end to this. But hey lets insult another member that buys stuff form the vendors on this site. I wonder how many more post will be made from my post alone, how many more views will be generated? It will not be hard to measure. When I posted on page #32, there was 13,484 views. So lets wee where it goes from here. I thing i have added the correct level of drama and conflict. I am even being called stupid, dumb and a drug user. I think with many of them it has more to do with ego and they can not see past that. So lets see where it goes.

You were wrong when you first replied here and you're still wrong. Simple as that.
See post 71: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...ife-you-want?p=1128089&viewfull=1#post1128089

Also on top of it, violence was threatened to members here by someone who was associated with Lite Brite. No one is just going to ignore that and pretend it didn't happen. And now you chime in with this stupid tinfoil hat theory that this thread is being bumped for advertising purposes. You're the one dragging this thread out.

I won't be responding to you again.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
If it were all about money, why is it that the mobile app posts one ad for every 50 posts? Just a missed opportunity I guess....[emoji848]

jdofmemi

While out wheeling yesterday we talked about getting an over under bet started for how many pages would be added to this thread while we were out.

We didn't follow through, but I think I would have been close at 10

Top Bottom