Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Issue with Rancho warranty/Guarantees?

Quote Originally Posted by trailraider View Post
    What don't you like about the kit? soft ride? to0 rough a ride? wanders all over the road now ? bump steer?
    It just rides really rough, even with shocks on a really low setting (2 all around)

Side note, it’s been so long since I’ve posted that I don’t remember how to multiquote

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Top down and doors off, life doesn't get any better!

Issue with Rancho warranty/Guarantees?

Quote Originally Posted by cmireles View Post
    No, I said the CS rep told me they would not allow returns because the purchase of a kit disqualifies the shocks from the 90 day ride deal. I proceeded to say I didn’t quite understand that because it doesn’t really say that on the warranty page. Or at least, I didn’t see it. Maybe my reading skills need work.

Regardless, maybe honor wasn’t quite the right word.
    I just pulled the guarantee and read it. Having done so, I can't say I disagree with you. There is nothing in there that says it doesn't apply to shocks purchased as part of a kit. I don't think you get the guarantee on the springs, but it sure reads like you should get them on the shocks.

Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 11.50.43 AM.JPG
    Last edited by Sharkey; 04-18-2019 at 07:12 PM.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    I just pulled the warranty and read it. Having done so, I can't say I disagree with you. There is nothing in there that says it doesn't apply to shocks purchased as part of a kit. I don't think you get the warranty on the springs, but it sure reads like you should get them on the shocks.

And that would be totally fine. I was really hoping I read that right too!

Top down and doors off, life doesn't get any better!

I just pulled the guarantee and read it. Having done so, I can't say I disagree with you. There is nothing in there that says it doesn't apply to shocks purchased as part of a kit. I don't think you get the guarantee on the springs, but it sure reads like you should get them on the shocks.

You’re smarter than me but I read it as you have to buy four shocks. He bought a kit including shocks. I would agree with Rancho that it doesn’t qualify.

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Knows a Thing or Two trailraider's Avatar

I agree with Overlander, to me it reads "purchased shocks" , but in the interest of customer service and them wanting you to be satisfied with their product, what would it really matter if you got their kit?
    Jeep- Adult version of lego

Knows a Thing or Two MericaMade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    You’re smarter than me but I read it as you have to buy four shocks. He bought a kit including shocks. I would agree with Rancho that it doesn’t qualify.

I agree with this. I understand it as shocks only. Hopefully you get it resolved thought.

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    I agree with Overlander, to me it reads "purchased shocks" , but in the interest of customer service and them wanting you to be satisfied with their product, what would it really matter if you got their kit?
    Quote Originally Posted by MericaMade View Post
    I agree with this. I understand it as shocks only. Hopefully you get it resolved thought.
    Y'all are smoking. He bought four shocks, correct? The Guarantee doesn't say "Offer limited to the purchase of four (4) shocks separate from any other purchase." Using your logic, if he purchased the springs and the shocks at the same time but as separate items on the same receipt, the Guarantee would apply. But, if you purchase the kit that includes paying for four shocks, the Guarantee doesn't apply. Honestly, that is nonsensical.

Regardless, the Guarantee isn't a contract. The last six words of the Guarantee probably give Rancho an out even if the OP did just purchase four shocks and nothing else ("...may be withdrawn at any time.")
    Last edited by Sharkey; 04-18-2019 at 08:22 PM.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Like most warranties, there is enough ambiguity and qualification that it’s really up to the discretion of the vendor what to do. If Rancho is the standup company most on this forum believe it to be, they will probably take the shocks back.

Knows a Thing or Two trailraider's Avatar
    Y'all are smoking. He bought four shocks, correct? The Guarantee doesn't say "Offer limited to the purchase of four (4) shocks separate from any other purchase." Using your logic, if he purchased the springs and the shocks at the same time but as separate items on the same receipt, the Guarantee would apply. But, if you purchase the kit that includes paying for four shocks, the Guarantee doesn't apply. Honestly, that is nonsensical.

Regardless, the Guarantee isn't a contract. The last six words of the Guarantee probably give Rancho an out even if the OP did just purchase four shocks and nothing else ("...may be withdrawn at any time.")
    It's worded by a lawyer I am sure. designed by nature to confuse.
    Jeep- Adult version of lego

It's worded by a lawyer I am sure. designed by nature to confuse.
    Ouch! Lol.

I actually pride myself on NOT being confusing. Confusion leads to lawsuits.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast