Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Issue with Rancho warranty/Guarantees?

  1. #11
    Been Around the Block cmireles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Livonia MI
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by trailraider View Post
    What don't you like about the kit? soft ride? to0 rough a ride? wanders all over the road now ? bump steer?
    It just rides really rough, even with shocks on a really low setting (2 all around)

    Side note, it’s been so long since I’ve posted that I don’t remember how to multiquote


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Top down and doors off, life doesn't get any better!

  2. #12
    Word Ninja Sharkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    11,975

    Issue with Rancho warranty/Guarantees?

    Quote Originally Posted by cmireles View Post
    No, I said the CS rep told me they would not allow returns because the purchase of a kit disqualifies the shocks from the 90 day ride deal. I proceeded to say I didn’t quite understand that because it doesn’t really say that on the warranty page. Or at least, I didn’t see it. Maybe my reading skills need work.

    Regardless, maybe honor wasn’t quite the right word.
    I just pulled the guarantee and read it. Having done so, I can't say I disagree with you. There is nothing in there that says it doesn't apply to shocks purchased as part of a kit. I don't think you get the guarantee on the springs, but it sure reads like you should get them on the shocks.

    Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 11.50.43 AM.JPG
    Last edited by Sharkey; 04-18-2019 at 07:12 PM.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

  3. #13
    Been Around the Block cmireles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Livonia MI
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    I just pulled the warranty and read it. Having done so, I can't say I disagree with you. There is nothing in there that says it doesn't apply to shocks purchased as part of a kit. I don't think you get the warranty on the springs, but it sure reads like you should get them on the shocks.

    Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 11.50.43 AM.JPG
    And that would be totally fine. I was really hoping I read that right too!


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Top down and doors off, life doesn't get any better!

  4. #14
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    30,659
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    I just pulled the guarantee and read it. Having done so, I can't say I disagree with you. There is nothing in there that says it doesn't apply to shocks purchased as part of a kit. I don't think you get the guarantee on the springs, but it sure reads like you should get them on the shocks.

    Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 11.50.43 AM.JPG
    You’re smarter than me but I read it as you have to buy four shocks. He bought a kit including shocks. I would agree with Rancho that it doesn’t qualify.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

    2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    1975 DJ5

  5. #15
    Knows a Thing or Two trailraider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    I just pulled the guarantee and read it. Having done so, I can't say I disagree with you. There is nothing in there that says it doesn't apply to shocks purchased as part of a kit. I don't think you get the guarantee on the springs, but it sure reads like you should get them on the shocks.

    Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 11.50.43 AM.JPG
    I agree with Overlander, to me it reads "purchased shocks" , but in the interest of customer service and them wanting you to be satisfied with their product, what would it really matter if you got their kit?
    Jeep- Adult version of lego

  6. #16
    Knows a Thing or Two MericaMade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    SoCaL
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    You’re smarter than me but I read it as you have to buy four shocks. He bought a kit including shocks. I would agree with Rancho that it doesn’t qualify.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I agree with this. I understand it as shocks only. Hopefully you get it resolved thought.

  7. #17
    Word Ninja Sharkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    11,975
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    You’re smarter than me but I read it as you have to buy four shocks. He bought a kit including shocks. I would agree with Rancho that it doesn’t qualify.
    Quote Originally Posted by trailraider View Post
    I agree with Overlander, to me it reads "purchased shocks" , but in the interest of customer service and them wanting you to be satisfied with their product, what would it really matter if you got their kit?
    Quote Originally Posted by MericaMade View Post
    I agree with this. I understand it as shocks only. Hopefully you get it resolved thought.
    Y'all are smoking. He bought four shocks, correct? The Guarantee doesn't say "Offer limited to the purchase of four (4) shocks separate from any other purchase." Using your logic, if he purchased the springs and the shocks at the same time but as separate items on the same receipt, the Guarantee would apply. But, if you purchase the kit that includes paying for four shocks, the Guarantee doesn't apply. Honestly, that is nonsensical.

    Regardless, the Guarantee isn't a contract. The last six words of the Guarantee probably give Rancho an out even if the OP did just purchase four shocks and nothing else ("...may be withdrawn at any time.")
    Last edited by Sharkey; 04-18-2019 at 08:22 PM.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

  8. #18
    Old Timer fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,300
    Like most warranties, there is enough ambiguity and qualification that it’s really up to the discretion of the vendor what to do. If Rancho is the standup company most on this forum believe it to be, they will probably take the shocks back.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  9. #19
    Knows a Thing or Two trailraider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    Y'all are smoking. He bought four shocks, correct? The Guarantee doesn't say "Offer limited to the purchase of four (4) shocks separate from any other purchase." Using your logic, if he purchased the springs and the shocks at the same time but as separate items on the same receipt, the Guarantee would apply. But, if you purchase the kit that includes paying for four shocks, the Guarantee doesn't apply. Honestly, that is nonsensical.

    Regardless, the Guarantee isn't a contract. The last six words of the Guarantee probably give Rancho an out even if the OP did just purchase four shocks and nothing else ("...may be withdrawn at any time.")
    It's worded by a lawyer I am sure. designed by nature to confuse.
    Jeep- Adult version of lego

  10. #20
    Word Ninja Sharkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    11,975
    Quote Originally Posted by trailraider View Post
    It's worded by a lawyer I am sure. designed by nature to confuse.
    Ouch! Lol.

    I actually pride myself on NOT being confusing. Confusion leads to lawsuits.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. G2 warranty.
    By Mybadjk in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-20-2017, 03:15 AM
  2. Could the be a possible warranty issue?
    By catahoula in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-14-2015, 02:01 AM
  3. warranty
    By 2014billet in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-17-2014, 01:45 AM
  4. Tire warranty or no warranty
    By BlackDiamondBound in forum Wheels & Tires
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-05-2013, 04:46 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 02:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS