Issue with Rancho warranty/Guarantees?

cmireles

Been a while since Ive posted here so hello to everyone again. Has anyone had any issue with rancho’s warranty? I bought the 2 inch progressive kit with 9000 shocks and decided I don’t really like any of it. I called warranty asking to return the kit or even just the shocks based on their 90 day free ride offer. The rep I spoke to said they would not honor this because the purchase of the kit disqualifies the shocks from being part of that deal. I don’t really understand that because the warranty page never says the purchase of a lift disqualifies shocks I don’t think, unless I don’t know how to read? I realize the deal is only in regards to the shocks but honestly I’d be willing to return the entire kit and only get money back for the price of the shocks. Am I nuts?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Been a while since Ive posted here so hello to everyone again. Has anyone had any issue with rancho’s warranty? I bought the 2 inch progressive kit with 9000 shocks and decided I don’t really like any of it. I called warranty asking to return the kit or even just the shocks based on their 90 day free ride offer. The rep I spoke to said they would not honor this because the purchase of the kit disqualifies the shocks from being part of that deal. I don’t really understand that because the warranty page never says the purchase of a lift disqualifies shocks I don’t think, unless I don’t know how to read? I realize the deal is only in regards to the shocks but honestly I’d be willing to return the entire kit and only get money back for the price of the shocks. Am I nuts?

Contact Matt here on the forum and see if he is able to help. He's a nice guy and I'm sure if there's anything that can be done, he'll try: https://wayalife.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=5651

PS- He's likely in Moab right now so not sure how soon he'll be able to reply.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug

Well like you said the deal only covers shocks and not their kits, which is on their website. If they won't take them back I'm sure you could just sell them to someone and make some money back.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

cmireles

cmireles

Well like you said the deal only covers shocks and not their kits, which is on their website. If they won't take them back I'm sure you could just sell them to someone and make some money back.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hopefully This isn’t the route I have to go. I’ll probably wait to hear from Matt. This would be my “worst” case scenario.

trailraider

What don't you like about the kit? soft ride? to0 rough a ride? wanders all over the road now ? bump steer?

A.J.

Hmmm maybe times have changed but Rancho shocks used to have a lifetime warranty. I never had any problems returning them for a ride complaint or bad bushing or leaks. In this instance ride complaint is really all your talking about since they are nearly new. That’s a tough one since you decided you don’t like any of it. It’s much easier to work out an exchange for a ride complaint. I guess the real question is did you just decide you wanted something else and want them to help pay for your mistake or is there really a problem with the kit?

cmireles

You admit the 90 return policy doesn’t apply to kits and yet you want Rancho to “honor” it anyway?

No, I said the CS rep told me they would not allow returns because the purchase of a kit disqualifies the shocks from the 90 day ride deal. I proceeded to say I didn’t quite understand that because it doesn’t really say that on the warranty page. Or at least, I didn’t see it. Maybe my reading skills need work.

Regardless, maybe honor wasn’t quite the right word.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
A warranty is an agreement to replace something. I think the OP doesn't want anything replaced...he wants his money back. That is more like a "satisfaction guaranty" and I would expect the terms to be very specific (which it sounds like they are).

I had one of my front 9000's go bad. Matt got me hooked up with the form to send the shock in for a replacement. However, I couldn't have the vehicle out of service waiting for the replacement to show up so I just purchased a single front 9000 shock locally. That was my decision to make and not Rancho's (or Matt's) fault.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
No, I said the CS rep told me they would not allow returns because the purchase of a kit disqualifies the shocks from the 90 day ride deal. I proceeded to say I didn’t quite understand that because it doesn’t really say that on the warranty page. Or at least, I didn’t see it. Maybe my reading skills need work.

Regardless, maybe honor wasn’t quite the right word.

I just pulled the guarantee and read it. Having done so, I can't say I disagree with you. There is nothing in there that says it doesn't apply to shocks purchased as part of a kit. I don't think you get the guarantee on the springs, but it sure reads like you should get them on the shocks.

Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 11.50.43 AM.JPG

Last edited:

cmireles

I just pulled the warranty and read it. Having done so, I can't say I disagree with you. There is nothing in there that says it doesn't apply to shocks purchased as part of a kit. I don't think you get the warranty on the springs, but it sure reads like you should get them on the shocks.

View attachment 325260

And that would be totally fine. I was really hoping I read that right too!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I just pulled the guarantee and read it. Having done so, I can't say I disagree with you. There is nothing in there that says it doesn't apply to shocks purchased as part of a kit. I don't think you get the guarantee on the springs, but it sure reads like you should get them on the shocks.

View attachment 325260

You’re smarter than me but I read it as you have to buy four shocks. He bought a kit including shocks. I would agree with Rancho that it doesn’t qualify.

trailraider

View attachment 325260

I agree with Overlander, to me it reads "purchased shocks" , but in the interest of customer service and them wanting you to be satisfied with their product, what would it really matter if you got their kit?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
You’re smarter than me but I read it as you have to buy four shocks. He bought a kit including shocks. I would agree with Rancho that it doesn’t qualify.

I agree with Overlander, to me it reads "purchased shocks" , but in the interest of customer service and them wanting you to be satisfied with their product, what would it really matter if you got their kit?

I agree with this. I understand it as shocks only. Hopefully you get it resolved thought.

Y'all are smoking. :bleh: He bought four shocks, correct? The Guarantee doesn't say "Offer limited to the purchase of four (4) shocks separate from any other purchase." Using your logic, if he purchased the springs and the shocks at the same time but as separate items on the same receipt, the Guarantee would apply. But, if you purchase the kit that includes paying for four shocks, the Guarantee doesn't apply. Honestly, that is nonsensical.

Regardless, the Guarantee isn't a contract. The last six words of the Guarantee probably give Rancho an out even if the OP did just purchase four shocks and nothing else ("...may be withdrawn at any time.")

Last edited:

fiend

Caught the Bug
Like most warranties, there is enough ambiguity and qualification that it’s really up to the discretion of the vendor what to do. If Rancho is the standup company most on this forum believe it to be, they will probably take the shocks back.

trailraider

Y'all are smoking. :bleh: He bought four shocks, correct? The Guarantee doesn't say "Offer limited to the purchase of four (4) shocks separate from any other purchase." Using your logic, if he purchased the springs and the shocks at the same time but as separate items on the same receipt, the Guarantee would apply. But, if you purchase the kit that includes paying for four shocks, the Guarantee doesn't apply. Honestly, that is nonsensical.

Regardless, the Guarantee isn't a contract. The last six words of the Guarantee probably give Rancho an out even if the OP did just purchase four shocks and nothing else ("...may be withdrawn at any time.")

It's worded by a lawyer I am sure. designed by nature to confuse.

Top Bottom