Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Issue with Rancho warranty/Guarantees?

Issue with Rancho warranty/Guarantees?

Been a while since Ive posted here so hello to everyone again. Has anyone had any issue with ranchoís warranty? I bought the 2 inch progressive kit with 9000 shocks and decided I donít really like any of it. I called warranty asking to return the kit or even just the shocks based on their 90 day free ride offer. The rep I spoke to said they would not honor this because the purchase of the kit disqualifies the shocks from being part of that deal. I donít really understand that because the warranty page never says the purchase of a lift disqualifies shocks I donít think, unless I donít know how to read? I realize the deal is only in regards to the shocks but honestly Iíd be willing to return the entire kit and only get money back for the price of the shocks. Am I nuts?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Top down and doors off, life doesn't get any better!

Quote Originally Posted by cmireles View Post
    Been a while since Ive posted here so hello to everyone again. Has anyone had any issue with ranchoís warranty? I bought the 2 inch progressive kit with 9000 shocks and decided I donít really like any of it. I called warranty asking to return the kit or even just the shocks based on their 90 day free ride offer. The rep I spoke to said they would not honor this because the purchase of the kit disqualifies the shocks from being part of that deal. I donít really understand that because the warranty page never says the purchase of a lift disqualifies shocks I donít think, unless I donít know how to read? I realize the deal is only in regards to the shocks but honestly Iíd be willing to return the entire kit and only get money back for the price of the shocks. Am I nuts?

Contact Matt here on the forum and see if he is able to help. He's a nice guy and I'm sure if there's anything that can be done, he'll try: https://wayalife.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=5651

PS- He's likely in Moab right now so not sure how soon he'll be able to reply.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Well like you said the deal only covers shocks and not their kits, which is on their website. If they won't take them back I'm sure you could just sell them to someone and make some money back.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Contact Matt here on the forum and see if he is able to help. He's a nice guy and I'm sure if there's anything that can be done, he'll try: https://wayalife.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=5651

PS- He's likely in Moab right now so not sure how soon he'll be able to reply.
    Thatís a good idea, Iíll definitely do that. Maybe he can help me catch a break for being a wayalife member

Quote Originally Posted by MSJKU11 View Post
    Well like you said the deal only covers shocks and not their kits, which is on their website. If they won't take them back I'm sure you could just sell them to someone and make some money back.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Hopefully This isnít the route I have to go. Iíll probably wait to hear from Matt. This would be my ďworstĒ case scenario.

You admit the 90 return policy doesnít apply to kits and yet you want Rancho to ďhonorĒ it anyway?

Knows a Thing or Two trailraider's Avatar

What don't you like about the kit? soft ride? to0 rough a ride? wanders all over the road now ? bump steer?
    Jeep- Adult version of lego

Hmmm maybe times have changed but Rancho shocks used to have a lifetime warranty. I never had any problems returning them for a ride complaint or bad bushing or leaks. In this instance ride complaint is really all your talking about since they are nearly new. Thatís a tough one since you decided you donít like any of it. Itís much easier to work out an exchange for a ride complaint. I guess the real question is did you just decide you wanted something else and want them to help pay for your mistake or is there really a problem with the kit?

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    You admit the 90 return policy doesnít apply to kits and yet you want Rancho to ďhonorĒ it anyway?

No, I said the CS rep told me they would not allow returns because the purchase of a kit disqualifies the shocks from the 90 day ride deal. I proceeded to say I didnít quite understand that because it doesnít really say that on the warranty page. Or at least, I didnít see it. Maybe my reading skills need work.

Regardless, maybe honor wasnít quite the right word.

A warranty is an agreement to replace something. I think the OP doesn't want anything replaced...he wants his money back. That is more like a "satisfaction guaranty" and I would expect the terms to be very specific (which it sounds like they are).

I had one of my front 9000's go bad. Matt got me hooked up with the form to send the shock in for a replacement. However, I couldn't have the vehicle out of service waiting for the replacement to show up so I just purchased a single front 9000 shock locally. That was my decision to make and not Rancho's (or Matt's) fault.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast