Whining noise after Ratio change????

hello Jeepers

Ive got a wierd whining noise coming from somewhere no idea where from but its a weird one.

so iv installed front and rear ARB lockers with 4.88 ratio D30 and D44. all new Bearings front and rear, done 5000 km even just had the rear done again with a new bearing kit.

driving above 25kph it will make the noise.

While driving it only makes the noise at a certain point of the throttle, so not under load or fully off the throttle but just touching it and it will make a noise it will do it at any
speed 25kph+ but the faster you go the louder it is, but at slower speed you can hear it winding around and then it makes a consistent notice.

i've shown my mechanic and he cant pin point it.

i still am rolling with the standard rear drive shaft no signs of damage, i have a new Tom woods in the front.

Thank you for your help

Last edited:

jjlong

hello Jeepers

Ive got a wierd whining noise coming from somewhere no idea where from but its a weird one.

so iv installed front and rear ARB lockers with 4.88 ratio D30 and D44.

While driving it only makes the noise at a certain point of the throttle, so not under load or fully off the throttle but just touching it and it will make a noise it will do it at any
speed but the faster you go the louder it is, but at slower speed you can hear it winding around and then it makes a consistent notice.

i've shown my mechanic and he cant pin point it.

i still am rolling with the standard rear drive shaft no signs of damage, i have a new Tom woods in the front.

Thank you for your help
My buddy had the same problem. His rear pinion bearing was shot. He had re-geared 6 months earlier. The shop fixed it under warranty.

DaJudge

I had the same problem with mine. Pinon nut kept backing off. Finally replaced it and haven't had the issue since.

Top Bottom