Busted e-brake!!

JKEmmy

Hey everyone.
So as the title says, my parking brake or emergency brake is busted. When I pull up on the lever it has nothing, no tension. The drums are hooked up so I'm guessing the spring in the center console? If anyone has done one or has some insight or knows of a write up i can look at to do this repair it'd be much appreciated.

BlacknRedJK

It’s a pretty common problem with the JK. Simple to replace once you get the center console out. If I recall it was four bolts and the cable connection. Be careful when you hook up the new handle/spring. They come with a strap that holds the tension off the spring. If you don’t hook up the cable before you cut the strap you will struggle to get things connected.

Unfortunately, I didn’t take pictures when I did mine last year.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKEmmy

Awesome thank you, will it be pretty evident of what's broken once I lift this center console? Also do you by chance have a part number? Thanks again!

BlacknRedJK

Pull the console up and out. The spring is a flat coil type spring. Mine was very easy to spot the break and like you described there was no tension when I lifted the handle.

I believe this is the correct part number for the 2012+

Mopar Part No.: 5154235AE

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom