Genesis Dual battery users

Swamps

Hi,

I'm looking at getting a Genesis dual battery system fitted and was just wondering why it needed to use 2 batteries of the same type. Wouldn't it be better to use a Starting battery and a deep cycle? rather than 2 starting batteries?

Anyone know why this is?

PokerStogey

I didn’t have money for the deep cycles at time of install (right before a multi-state roadtrip) so went with two standards from Costco. It has only been installed since September, but it has had a 75qt Dometic running non-stop since then... flawless so far.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

larock

Hi,

I'm looking at getting a Genesis dual battery system fitted and was just wondering why it needed to use 2 batteries of the same type. Wouldn't it be better to use a Starting battery and a deep cycle? rather than 2 starting batteries?

Anyone know why this is?

From their website "Both batteries must be the same physical size for the top lid to securely hold them in place".

Any group 34 will fit. You can use the Optima Red starter battery and the Optima Yellow for deep cell. Because they are the same size.

I've been happy running my setup with two Odyssey batteries.

From their website "Both batteries must be the same physical size for the top lid to securely hold them in place".

Any group 34 will fit. You can use the Optima Red starter battery and the Optima Yellow for deep cell. Because they are the same size.

I've been happy running my setup with two Odyssey batteries.

Run away from New optimas. Spend that money elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Swamps

Thanks guys, so I'm guessing I can install a standard cranking battery in one space and a deep cycle in the 2nd space, so I get the best of both worlds. As long as there the same size.

As for the optima batteries, I've seen some bad reports for them recently, and a friend I know actually broke the post off while out on the trail so I'm staying away from them.

jorgelrod

Hooked
I've been running it for a while with 2 deep cycle without issues. Same batteries are recommended because when linked together, similar bateries (CCA, type, etc...) is best.

Top Bottom