Rear Coil Correction Wedges....Do I need Retainers?

Glen1978

Installed my correction wedges last week when I put the Evo 3" springs in. Im a little concerned about unseating a coil now. I thought about using a hose clamp through the bottom or maybe even buying a retainer kit. What do you guys think? Not much nub sticking through those wedges to keep the spring at bay.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, so long as you are running shocks of the correct length, unseating a coil will NOT be a concern.

Glen1978

Well I ordered the Rancho 9000 shocks recommended in the Evo 3" kit on Northridge. My lift is a frankenstien with Evo 3" coils, Core 4x4 front LCA and rear UCA, RK sway bar links F/R, stock track bars in Synergy front mount and Artec rear mount.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well I ordered the Rancho 9000 shocks recommended in the Evo 3" kit on Northridge. My lift is a frankenstien with Evo 3" coils, Core 4x4 front LCA and rear UCA, RK sway bar links F/R, stock track bars in Synergy front mount and Artec rear mount.

Hopefully their recommendation on shocks is correct.

rubiDave

I'm running a similar setup without issue - RS99930 with EVO rockstars. You could run RS99932s without rockstars. You didn't say what your vendor sold you, but if it makes you feel good, go buy the retainers.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

maskale

if you unseat your springs then you will run into problems on top anyways, so set it up correctly and you don't need them.

Glen1978

I have the 330 shocks in the rear with factory perches as that is what Northride / Evo package recommended back there.

rubiDave

I dont know what's special about that package. I'm thinking you could have run a longer shock if you're using the stock lower shock mounts. Also, with 4 doors I think most people don't even run wedge spacers. They run the stock rear driveshaft without adjusting the rear pinion. With an aftermarket driveshaft you will tilt up the rear pinion, but not near as much as on a 2 door.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Glen1978

I didnt tilt my pinion up but there is definetly a need for some coil correction. Still slightly bowed with the wedges.

Glen1978

Got everything mounted up in the back. Rancho 330 shocks seem WAY short to me. Gona have to cut the factory rubi sliders until my LOD ones get here and looks like trip the pinch weld. Sits a smidge high in the back but dont have the Evo carrier and 37" tire mounted up and running no rear bumper. But after installing front bumper/winch it will probably even back out again. Might pull the wedges and see what it looks like. Seems as though rubiDave was accurate with the 332 shocks and no Rockstars and 330 shocks with them. Called up Marcus at RCO to send me out a pair of them.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Got everything mounted up in the back. Rancho 330 shocks seem WAY short to me. Gona have to cut the factory rubi sliders until my LOD ones get here and looks like trip the pinch weld. Sits a smidge high in the back but dont have the Evo carrier and 37" tire mounted up and running no rear bumper. But after installing front bumper/winch it will probably even back out again. Might pull the wedges and see what it looks like. Seems as though rubiDave was accurate with the 332 shocks and no Rockstars and 330 shocks with them. Called up Marcus at RCO to send me out a pair of them.

You order from some really shitty companies.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Glen1978

Hey bud if you dont mind PM'ing me your credit card info Ill use your recommended vendors. Thanks!

I have been using Marcus at RCO for YEARS, always took care of me 100%. Who were the other companies mentioned?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Hey bud if you dont mind PM'ing me your credit card info Ill use your recommended vendors. Thanks!

I have been using Marcus at RCO for YEARS, always took care of me 100%. Who were the other companies mentioned?

Clearly he and northridge have been taking care of you by selling you shit you don’t need, like coil correction wedges.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Glen1978

Nobody has sold me a thing I didnt ask for. I havent ordered crap from Northridge. Just because I dont order everything from Exodus dont put me on the cross to crucify. I tried to order some things from him but it was 2 or 3 days before I ever got a reply from him, maybe he was busy, I dont know. I dont know the man and he doesnt owe me anything. I called up Marcus on his cell phone and he sent me an invoice inside of 30 minutes.

Ive heard of people busting balls for ordering certain parts but you wana take it to a whole new level and criticize my vendors? I mean I didnt even order Teraflex and alot of it was Evo products, which is totally in line with the WaL agenda! Like I said, send me that credit card info. Now back to regularly scheduled programming if you will.

WJCO

Meme King
I mean I didnt even order Teraflex and alot of it was Evo products, which is totally in line with the WaL agenda!

The WAL Agenda? Lol. I can assure you, no one here really cares what you put on your own Jeep. Enjoy your Jeep however you see fit.

Top Bottom