Soft top boot recommendations?

USMC Wrangler

I’m removing and selling my 3rd row setup which will allow me to fold my soft top as designed. The RH4x4 bar wouldn’t allow this easily so I’d just pull the entire top to go topless.

I bought the top used and there wasn’t a boot with it. My brief searches show several options, most of which have questionable reviews. Seems like the Mopar version is the best liked??? It is pricey though compared to the others. Maybe a good reason for that? Suggestions? Thanks!

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/soft-top-storage-boot-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-jk-4-door

Boudica

Soft Top Boot recommendations

Disclaimer: I am not in any way affiliated with the following company. They just have several products that I have been interested in for a while.

JTopsUSA.com: they've got Made in USA boots in a variety of colors. Based in Texas according to their web site. Maybe check them out? I haven't purchased anything from them yet- fair warning. But a boot and sun top are in the accessory column on my build wish list, so I've been searching around a bit myself.

USMC Wrangler

Disclaimer: I am not in any way affiliated with the following company. They just have several products that I have been interested in for a while.

JTopsUSA.com: they've got Made in USA boots in a variety of colors. Based in Texas according to their web site. Maybe check them out? I haven't purchased anything from them yet- fair warning. But a boot and sun top are in the accessory column on my build wish list, so I've been searching around a bit myself.

Thanks! They look nice and the price is way better. Need to do some more reading and find some reviews, hopefully.

For the time being, a couple of bungee balls and Velcro straps are being used.

j33pZ

I got the mopar boot for my 2011 JKU. Works well. Pain in the ass to get in on perfectly, but with practice it is manageable. Adds another 10-15 minutes to top-down time.

USMC Wrangler

I got the mopar boot for my 2011 JKU. Works well. Pain in the ass to get in on perfectly, but with practice it is manageable. Adds another 10-15 minutes to top-down time.

Well, I was looking for this as well. It’s a cleaner look, IMO, but my bungee ball and Velcro strap setup just survived 20 miles at 70 mph. Didn’t budge a bit.

Jeeez

What’s the purpose? Just keep it clean/protected?

If my top is down or off over here, there is dust getting inside on everything. For me, based on internet pics, just looked cleaner (not as messy as in soft top material messy, not dust)with a boot. Sounds like a bit of a PITA and I could spend my money on something else.

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
I only have the hard top. Fortunately where I live I can take the top off about now and leave it off until December and too cold. I typically run topless and doorless. All spring, summer, fall

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Whitarmy

I have a tonneau cover and shade top from JTopsUSA. I love the shade top. The tonneau is kind of a pain in the ass to get on but I like that it does not need a rear bar. I asked them about their boots at the lone Star Jeep Invasion and they said I could not use it with my trek top NX glide. Seems like it would work ok but that is what they said. Seems they were engineered to work only with a factory style top. Quality products though

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Boudica

I have a tonneau cover and shade top from JTopsUSA. I love the shade top. The tonneau is kind of a pain in the ass to get on but I like that it does not need a rear bar. I asked them about their boots at the lone Star Jeep Invasion and they said I could not use it with my trek top NX glide. Seems like it would work ok but that is what they said. Seems they were engineered to work only with a factory style top. Quality products though

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for that info. Good to hear!

Top Bottom