Thread: Wobble at highway speeds

Wobble at highway speeds

I recently got a new job that requires me to go on the highway and I noticed a very aggressive wobble at speeds over 55, its consistent throughout after 55. Looking to see if I can locate it.

I have a 2007 2dr, here is what I have done to my suspension:
    RK progressive 2.5 springs
    Bilstein 5160 shocks for 2.5 lift.
    RC Front forged trackbar
    RC rear trackbar bracket
    RC front disconnectable links
    RC rear links
    Core 4x4 tier 2 front lower control arms

My alignment is decent, need to fix the caster a bit to bring it to 4.5 cause I'm at 4.2 and 4.3 right now.

My passenger side rear shock is shot, got a new rear set and I just have to swap them out when I get time.

Could the shock be causing this? Any help would be great because I keep finding threads about death wobble in search for an answer and I most definitely don't have death wobble. It happens on a very smooth highway with no bumps and I can stop it from happening if I slow down to under 55.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KeroJK View Post
    I recently got a new job that requires me to go on the highway and I noticed a very aggressive wobble at speeds over 55, its consistent throughout after 55. Looking to see if I can locate it.

I have a 2007 2dr, here is what I have done to my suspension:
    RK progressive 2.5 springs
    Bilstein 5160 shocks for 2.5 lift.
    RC Front forged trackbar
    RC rear trackbar bracket
    RC front disconnectable links
    RC rear links
    Core 4x4 tier 2 front lower control arms

My alignment is decent, need to fix the caster a bit to bring it to 4.5 cause I'm at 4.2 and 4.3 right now.

My passenger side rear shock is shot, got a new rear set and I just have to swap them out when I get time.

Could the shock be causing this? Any help would be great because I keep finding threads about death wobble in search for an answer and I most definitely don't have death wobble. It happens on a very smooth highway with no bumps and I can stop it from happening if I slow down to under 55.

Have you tires rebalanced. So many things can cause the wobble. Check your alignment and all bolts to make they are torqued properly.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I would replace the bad shock and see if that improves anything.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two trailraider's Avatar
    Jeep- Adult version of lego

Fresh Catch
    Generally, first of all, you should check if rubber bushings of front track bar are safe. While someone is turning the steering wheel from right to left little by little, you can see if there is slackness on the track bar eyes. In case of, you might replace the rubber bushings with a special product like this https://kevinsoffroad.com/collection...s-with-sleeves

I'm gonna get the tires balanced for sure and rotated while at it because it's free. But this morning I did take the time to replace my two rear shocks and on the way to work today, I had no wobble when driving. Braking improved, alignment seems better, and it handles bumps much better which is a given, thank you guys for the awesome input and help like always!

Quote Originally Posted by KeroJK View Post
    I'm gonna get the tires balanced for sure and rotated while at it because it's free. But this morning I did take the time to replace my two rear shocks and on the way to work today, I had no wobble when driving. Braking improved, alignment seems better, and it handles bumps much better which is a given, thank you guys for the awesome input and help like always!

I charge $25 for each dumb suggestion and $50 for each good one. My $50 invoice is in the mail to you ...

Glad you figured it out!

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    I charge $25 for each dumb suggestion and $50 for each good one. My $50 invoice is in the mail to you ...

Oh got, i probably owe you more than 50 then from other posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSJKU11 View Post
    Glad you figured it out!

Thank you so much for coming through with the advice.