VIDEO : KANE CREEK - Moab Easter Jeep Safari Fun Run with EVO

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While most of our time at the 2019 Moab Easter Jeep Safari was spent covering the badass EVO Gladiator pickup truck, by the end of the week, it had to be parked in the arena and put on display for the show. Needless to say, our last day in the promised land would still be spent out on the trail and with our good friends from EVO, only this time, they would be wheeling their Sting Gray SEMA JL Wrangler and iconic Stars & Stripes JL Wrangler that was featured in the 2018 JLX. For our final run, we decided to take on a fun trail that we always enjoy if only for how scenic it is and that would be, Kane Creek. We hope you enjoy.

A BIG THANKS needs to go out to our good friends Tony and Steph and Moochie for joining us on this epic trip to Moab and for helping to make it so much fun. :thumb:

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

longarmwj

Looks like a killer trail!!!

Wasn’t that Sting Grey JL ORE’s SEMA build? Good to see a SEMA rig actually getting used, although that’s no surprise with Mel [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Awesome video! I guess I’ve never thought about the steel fenders buckling the quarter. Thats what happens when I look at stuff as being cool but not functional. Lol. Thank you for pointing that out in the video.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome video! I guess I’ve never thought about the steel fenders buckling the quarter. Thats what happens when I look at stuff as being cool but not functional. Lol. Thank you for pointing that out in the video.

Not just the quarter panels, I've seen it totally jack up the front as well. It is the reason why to this day, we still run trimmed factory fenders on Moby. As you can see in this video, factory flares will crush and bend and in some cases, tear off but they will not damage the body the way hard steel and even aluminum fenders WILL.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Thanks for posting this. That’s a trail I wanted to do when I was in Moab a few weeks ago, but didn’t have time. It’s on the list for Moab 2020. [emoji16]

Out of curiosity, what tire pressure do you typically run in Moab?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Buster3479

Looks like a great time on another amazing Moab trail. When we were there a few weeks ago, some locals talked us out of Kane Creek due to pinstriping brush. I guess we shouldn't have listed to them. We still had a blast on other trails, and there's always next time.

Thanks for sharing!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for posting this. That’s a trail I wanted to do when I was in Moab a few weeks ago, but didn’t have time. It’s on the list for Moab 2020. [emoji16]

Out of curiosity, what tire pressure do you typically run in Moab?

It's a fun one and you'll definitely have to run it the next time you're out there.

Regarding tire pressure, I dunno - maybe 14 psi or there about. The slickrock has so much traction, I rarely feel the need to go lower and really, the less air you run, the less height you have. In something like a 4-door, it's nice to have as much break over angles as possible especially being that so much of Moab is big ledges.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a great time on another amazing Moab trail. When we were there a few weeks ago, some locals talked us out of Kane Creek due to pinstriping brush. I guess we shouldn't have listed to them. We still had a blast on other trails, and there's always next time.

Thanks for sharing!

LOL - there's definitely a lot of pin striping but it's all well worth it to me. :crazyeyes:

That was a incredible trail! Views, technical, and perfect weather!

I need to make it out there!

It's a fun one for sure and yes, you really need to get out there sometime sooner than later. :yup:

Brute

Hooked
I like Kane Creek...I ran it last Tuesday. Hamburger Hill is a lot of fun, as well as the 50 creek crossings ...

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Great video as always!

That is my favorite trail. I enjoy the water crossings and the shelf-road out of the canyon. It can be a long day if you get caught behind a large group, however it is definitely worth it.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Trying to keep up on all these new videos is a challenge but very much appreciated! You guys look like you're having a blast! Another great video! That looks like an awesome trail to run!

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video as always!

That is my favorite trail. I enjoy the water crossings and the shelf-road out of the canyon. It can be a long day if you get caught behind a large group, however it is definitely worth it.

Oh yeah, one of my favorites as well. We ran into a RR4W group that day and they were nice enough to let us pass - well, after lecturing us about how we shouldn't have even been on the trail that is. One of the guys is on the forum and he said it took 9 hours for them to run it :shock:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Trying to keep up on all these new videos is a challenge but very much appreciated! You guys look like you're having a blast! Another great video! That looks like an awesome trail to run!

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fortunately, the drive home was pretty long and Cindy made good use of the time. So glad that you've been enjoying the videos :)

Top Bottom