Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VIDEO : KANE CREEK - Moab Easter Jeep Safari Fun Run with EVO

VIDEO : KANE CREEK - Moab Easter Jeep Safari Fun Run with EVO

While most of our time at the 2019 Moab Easter Jeep Safari was spent covering the badass EVO Gladiator pickup truck, by the end of the week, it had to be parked in the arena and put on display for the show. Needless to say, our last day in the promised land would still be spent out on the trail and with our good friends from EVO, only this time, they would be wheeling their Sting Gray SEMA JL Wrangler and iconic Stars & Stripes JL Wrangler that was featured in the 2018 JLX. For our final run, we decided to take on a fun trail that we always enjoy if only for how scenic it is and that would be, Kane Creek. We hope you enjoy.

A BIG THANKS needs to go out to our good friends Tony and Steph and Moochie for joining us on this epic trip to Moab and for helping to make it so much fun.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
    If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

Looks like a killer trail!!!

Wasnít that Sting Grey JL OREís SEMA build? Good to see a SEMA rig actually getting used, although thatís no surprise with Mel

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread
    2017 Gobi JKU Build Thread
    2016 Renegade Sport Build Thread
    2019 Compass Sport Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by longarmwj View Post
    Looks like a killer trail!!!

Wasnít that Sting Grey JL OREís SEMA build? Good to see a SEMA rig actually getting used, although thatís no surprise with Mel

Yup, that's exactly what you were seeing and yes, it really should be of no surprise

Awesome video! I guess Iíve never thought about the steel fenders buckling the quarter. Thats what happens when I look at stuff as being cool but not functional. Lol. Thank you for pointing that out in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by TOPLESS View Post
    Awesome video! I guess Iíve never thought about the steel fenders buckling the quarter. Thats what happens when I look at stuff as being cool but not functional. Lol. Thank you for pointing that out in the video.
    Not just the quarter panels, I've seen it totally jack up the front as well. It is the reason why to this day, we still run trimmed factory fenders on Moby. As you can see in this video, factory flares will crush and bend and in some cases, tear off but they will not damage the body the way hard steel and even aluminum fenders WILL.

Thanks for posting this. Thatís a trail I wanted to do when I was in Moab a few weeks ago, but didnít have time. Itís on the list for Moab 2020.

Out of curiosity, what tire pressure do you typically run in Moab?

Been Around the Block Buster3479's Avatar
    Looks like a great time on another amazing Moab trail. When we were there a few weeks ago, some locals talked us out of Kane Creek due to pinstriping brush. I guess we shouldn't have listed to them. We still had a blast on other trails, and there's always next time.

Thanks for sharing!
    2012 Deep Cherry Red Freedom JKU "Beast", 5.13 Auto, 4:1 Xfer Case, ARB front/rear lockers, Dynatrac Prorock 60 Fr / Pro 60 Re, 40x13.5R17 Nitto Trail Grapplers, Raceline 8x6.5 Beadlocks, 4" Evo Plush Ride Springs, Billstein 5160 shocks, Switchpros, EVO Fascia & AEV Tire Carrier, EVO 1/4 lber / Stinger, Warn 9.5 CTI, EVO Air No Limits on Demand & Links, EVO Sliders, EVO Protek Skid System, EVO Rockstars, Heated Truck-lites, JW Speaker Fogs

That was a incredible trail! Views, technical, and perfect weather!

I need to make it out there!

2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    Thanks for posting this. Thatís a trail I wanted to do when I was in Moab a few weeks ago, but didnít have time. Itís on the list for Moab 2020.

Out of curiosity, what tire pressure do you typically run in Moab?
    It's a fun one and you'll definitely have to run it the next time you're out there.

Regarding tire pressure, I dunno - maybe 14 psi or there about. The slickrock has so much traction, I rarely feel the need to go lower and really, the less air you run, the less height you have. In something like a 4-door, it's nice to have as much break over angles as possible especially being that so much of Moab is big ledges.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster3479 View Post
    Looks like a great time on another amazing Moab trail. When we were there a few weeks ago, some locals talked us out of Kane Creek due to pinstriping brush. I guess we shouldn't have listed to them. We still had a blast on other trails, and there's always next time.

Thanks for sharing!
    LOL - there's definitely a lot of pin striping but it's all well worth it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    That was a incredible trail! Views, technical, and perfect weather!

I need to make it out there!
    It's a fun one for sure and yes, you really need to get out there sometime sooner than later.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast