Spare tire

Spikethree11

I just bought my first Jeep (2014 sport unlimited) and I will be running 35s does anyone have any recommendations on rear tire carriers wondering if a rear hinge kit will work as good as a bumper with a carrier on it? Thank you in advance for any advice

Glen1978

Evo hinge kit. Some (maybe not here) will recommend the Teraflex kit but there is more than one instance of them breaking. You will find more folks on this site that actually beat on there Jeeps vs the other forums where they are a bunch of posers. Glad I found WaL. The shit I read here is trail tested and works.

bigmase33

replaced mine with the EVO hinged carrier. Looks beefy and top quality. Holds my 35 like a champ. ZERO rattling and that spare doesnt move at all. Install took close to three hours and was fairly straightforward. If you have any questions just give EVO or Off Road Evolution and they well help you!

EDIT: Welcome to Wayalife, if you have any another questions about parts check out the reccomended parts section lists all the brands that have been tried and true and would be your best options IMO.

Last edited:

TheGrendel

i'll be the one the to say. i'm not super happy with my Evo hinged carrier. there are some fitment issues with them. do a search. there a number of threads about it.

Glen1978

i'll be the one the to say. i'm not super happy with my Evo hinged carrier. there are some fitment issues with them. do a search. there a number of threads about it.

Ive got one to put on. Havent started it yet. I better read up I suppose. Was just recommended this over the Teraflex one by MANY folks.

I’m on the same page as TheGrendel. I had gaps between the EVO carrier and the tailgate that caused the sheet metal to deform when the bolts that held the original carrier were tightened up. Couldn’t find a solution other than washers or spacers of some sort. Ended up selling it.

dhughes16

I’m on the same page as TheGrendel. I had gaps between the EVO carrier and the tailgate that caused the sheet metal to deform when the bolts that held the original carrier were tightened up. Couldn’t find a solution other than washers or spacers of some sort. Ended up selling it.

I’ve read a lot of reviews saying similar things. But for me, personally, I have had no issues with it so far

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom