Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heading to Taos Jeepless

Heading to Taos Jeepless

It’s been one of my wife’s dreams to travel to Taos and in June we are going head there for her birthday, so spending a couple days in a Jeep each way to drive there or me picking her up at the other end isn’t an option. We’re staying at El Monte Sagrado north of town and I’ll be renting a Jeep to run around in. I’ve never been and hate tourist traps. What’s worth seeing and doing around there? We both love the outdoors so hiking and traveling thru the mountains is high on our list!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

We stayed in Taos in a little Casita. Loved it. Sunsets are absolutely beautiful!
    DID I MENTION MY RIG IS FOR SALE?

“Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.”

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

"Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

She has this one we stayed in and she also has a separate place as well you can ask her about it you are interested.

https://www.bringfido.com/lodging/131140

“Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.”

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...

You gotta check out the Taos Gorge Bridge, maybe take the Enchanted Circle. Definitely travel north a little bit and check out Red River.

Thanks guys, I’ll look into them! We are really looking forward to the trip.

1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by Bear_JKU View Post
    You gotta check out the Taos Gorge Bridge, maybe take the Enchanted Circle. Definitely travel north a little bit and check out Red River.

Awesome and the Taos Adobe, Santa Fe.

Nothing but a Thing nmwranglerx's Avatar
    Check out the Valle Vidal wilderness just north of Taos. Great hiking and scenery. Bring a good camera. The drive south out of Taos takes you through a picturesque canyon. Pack a lunch, plenty of places to sit and commune with nature in great southwest style. If you’re feeling adventurous take a rafting tour. With all the snow we got this year, I’d bet the Taos river will be flowing good.

"all roads lead somewhere" -anonymous

Go downhill mountain biking at Angel Fire, they have a great rental program with a class and a guide if needed

Quote Originally Posted by catahoula View Post
    Awesome and the Taos Adobe, Santa Fe.
    Definitely! There aren’t many tourist traps in this area, lots of art galleries, good restaurants, and land is basically high desert that moves into mountains. Santa Fe is about 70 miles south of Taos and totally worth the drive. That’s where I’m at. Valle Vidal is a very nice area, you have to pay to enter and it’s a huge mountainous area about 70 miles north of Taos. June is a great time to visit New Mexico. Your gonna love the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear_JKU View Post
    Definitely! There aren’t many tourist traps in this area, lots of art galleries, good restaurants, and land is basically high desert that moves into mountains. Santa Fe is about 70 miles south of Taos and totally worth the drive. That’s where I’m at. Valle Vidal is a very nice area, you have to pay to enter and it’s a huge mountainous area about 70 miles north of Taos. June is a great time to visit New Mexico. Your gonna love the weather.

Thank you! Great information. We are going to spend at least a day maybe two seeing Santa Fe. The art is one of the biggest reasons she wants to go. That and the scenery.

Yeah, the weather for June looked perfect, that’s why we were shooting for that month to make the run.

Thanks again!

1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast