VIDEO : RIGHT PLACE RIGHT TIME - Lending a Helping Hand on our way Home from Moab

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It isn't every day that you find yourself in the right place and at the right time but as luck would have it, Cindy and I just happened to be there as we made our way home from Moab. As we drove across Interstate 80, we passed a car on the side of the highway and from the look of things, was stuck in some mud. For those of you who know the area, this was out in the no mans land between West Wendover and Salt Lake City and close to world famous Bonnaville Speedway. While the salt flats along the highway may look dry and even be safe enough to walk on, it doesn't take much for an adventurous car to get buried in the muck lying just beneath the surface. I know it isn't much but the following short video highlights what we came across and how we were able to lend a helping hand.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

Brute

Hooked
My plane is pushing off ...I’ll have to watch this when I land. Of course Eddie & Cindy would come to the rescue of someone stuck...

jeeeep

Hooked
well that brings back memories!

Use to go out to the Salt Flats long ago (gulp!) and would usually find someone thinking they could pull off the road and drive on the salt only to get stuck :doh:

It's great to have a Jeep with a winch at the right place and right time, that would've been an expensive short tow! :thumb:

jesse3638

Hooked
Since Brute is on a plane I'll ask for him, what's with the hair and where is the thump thump music...haha. It's always nice when you can lend a helping hand. Had the same thing happen right across the street from my house. An old last got her Mercedes stuck in the sand trying to turn around. Grabbed a shovel and my welcome mat off my porch. Fortunately is want much work they just need one more person to help push and she was able to get out.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jsouder53

Hooked
Good man right there. I’ve done that a couple times at my work pulling co workers out of the snow, today actually someone asked me at the job site if I had gas in my Jerry cans and sadly for the first time the answer was no... we were in the middle of nowhere too [emoji51]

ScoobyCarolanNC

Nicely done! Have you ever done a “winch 101” video? I don’t remember seeing one on wayalife from my JK days. I’m in the market after a recent misadventure. I’m not thinking like “how to recover if you’re in X”, but more like “this is how to tension the line out of the box” & “here’s a starter list of gear & why you need it”. I’m sure there’s a lot of guys like me who’d like to pick your brain.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Very Cool. :thumb:

Reminds me of that family we saved in Texas with the flat tire on the way to JKX.

Makes we want to buy a JL or JT vs the road machine I've been looking for.

Ungust

Rescue

You guys rock! It's great to show non JEEPERS that we can do much more than just go offroading.

Top Bottom