Reward Mine Trail Ride & Camping 5/3-5

Ruvicon

Planning a trip from NorCal down to the Reward Mine just north of Lone Pine. Leaving Friday, 5/3 in the morning and returning on Sunday, 5/5. Planning on camping two nights at one or two lakes in the area. So far Astroman, TDN333 and me are going. Anyone interested?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

Planning a trip from NorCal down to the Reward Mine just north of Lone Pine. Leaving Friday, 5/3 in the morning and returning on Sunday, 5/5. Planning on camping two nights at one or two lakes in the area. So far Astroman, TDN333 and me are going. Anyone interested?

Did you decide on when you were gonna do the trail to Reward Mine? If it's Saturday, I might be able to make a run up for the day.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Ruvicon

Reward Mine Trail Ride & Camping 5/3-5

Sorry for the wait, been swamped at work and home. So Astroman (Jim), TND333 (Tom) and I met in Chowchilla on Friday morning 5/3. IMG_8582.JPG

We headed south on 99 with no real plan other than visiting the Reward Mine on Saturday. So we all decided to explore around Lake Isabella, so we hit this trail first. IMG_8589.JPG then we exited it to this trail on our way out IMG_8596.JPG . After having lunch in Lake Isabella, we headed here to camp. IMG_8602.JPG Here’s a shot of our campsite at 5500’. We had taco night wCarne Asada tacos with some Corona’s that hit the spot after many miles on the road. IMG_8839.JPG IMG_8843.JPG

In the morning, we found these bear tracks near our campsite IMG_0843.JPG

So we left and drove towards Lone Pine to meet BaddestCross (James) at Manzanar. Then we headed up to Reward Mine and saw this: IMG_8606.JPG IMG_8617.JPG

Here we are in front of the Reward Mine entrance, left to right, BaddestCross, Astroman, TND333, and me, Ruvicon IMG_8618.JPG

Here’s me following BaddestCross into the mine IMG_8889.JPG and me driving out IMG_8890.JPG

Here’s us lined up with the Sierras in the background IMG_0863.JPG

Afterwards we drove through Alabama Hills and hiked to Mobius Arch Loop IMG_8648.JPG

We then decided to camp off of Swansea-Cerro Gordo trail at 8200’ IMG_8665.JPG IMG_8672.JPG . We made a killer bomb fire and had killer grub IMG_8735.JPG . Overall, this trail had some technical stuff on the first part of the trail and some ridge top vistas above 9000’ as we left the next day. On the way out we ran across the Burgess Mine IMG_8738.JPG IMG_8741.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8654.JPG
    IMG_8654.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Ruvicon

IMG_8745.JPG IMG_3608.JPG IMG_0837.JPG

Afterwards we ran across an old salt tram on top of the mountain which was used to pull salt from the Saline Valley up to the top and down the other side to be taken by burros to a train for processing IMG_3622.JPG IMG_8757.JPG IMG_8750.JPG IMG_8751.JPG IMG_8754.JPG

Towards the end of the trail, we saw this old ghost town/mine IMG_8762.JPG IMG_8761.JPG

All in all, we traveled over 850 miles with no breakdowns, good grub, camped two nights and with killer friends. Can’t wait for the next trip!!

Top Bottom