Airbag Light- Intermittent

DVLDOG

Hey all...searched the forum and didn't really see a solid fix for the airbag light coming on and off while driving.

I did see an older post on another board saying there is a possibility of some resistors on the circuit board being out. I can go there if I cant figure any other troubleshooting steps first.

I just had the airbag recall done yesterday by the dealer, hoping that was the solution, but it was not. Seeing if anyone has actually fixed this issue without pulling the bulb for the light itself :)

Thanks!

fiend

Caught the Bug
My airbag light has been on constantly for a couple of years. I had the same thought as you: that the air bag recall would take care of it. No dice. Dealership told me the “occupant restraint module” needs to be replaced. They wanted $500 or something, parts and labor, to do it. It’s a $180 part, but the dealership told me it needs to be “calibrated” and replacing is not just plug and play. Who knows. I don’t really believe them. Anyway, I’ve just lived with it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Airbag circuits can be really sensitive. Sometimes even a dirty connector under a seat will cause enough resistance to set a code.

jesse3638

Hooked
Hey all...searched the forum and didn't really see a solid fix for the airbag light coming on and off while driving.

I did see an older post on another board saying there is a possibility of some resistors on the circuit board being out. I can go there if I cant figure any other troubleshooting steps first.

I just had the airbag recall done yesterday by the dealer, hoping that was the solution, but it was not. Seeing if anyone has actually fixed this issue without pulling the bulb for the light itself :)

Thanks!
You're signature says Cherokee is this happening on that or a JK? As you mentioned airbag recall.

I just recently had the same issue. Intermittent light and chime. While in for the airbag recall they checked the clock spring. This was the cause and it was covered under the FCA clockspring extended warranty. Could be this.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom