Factory Head Unit Swap?

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Ok, so Overlander was gracious enough to pass his stock head unit with sat and Bluetooth on to me. Im trying to put it in our 2008 that had the most basic unit they had in it. Got in it and working but the Bluetooth keeps telling me it’s “not equipped with u-connect phone”.

So what do I need to do?

Side note: we have no intention of buying XM so I did not get the antenna for it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ok, so Overlander was gracious enough to pass his stock head unit with sat and Bluetooth on to me. Im trying to put it in our 2008 that had the most basic unit they had in it. Got in it and working but the Bluetooth keeps telling me it’s “not equipped with u-connect phone”.

So what do I need to do?

Side note: we have no intention of buying XM so I did not get the antenna for it.

You would need to buy the u connect system from mopar to enable Bluetooth

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I was afraid I’d get that answer. Weren’t there early units that had Bluetooth but not unconnect?

Yea I forget the model number but some did. In the later, more desirable years, you need the uconnect for the Bluetooth. I think I’m 2011 the added the uconnect.

I recently did the same swap as you from the base radio in my ‘11 to the RHB unit out of a 2014 and I need the uconnect for Bluetooth to work.
57185981424__50B07179-BBA8-4864-A45A-85960047086D.jpg

blwjeep@aol.com

I did the same swap on my 2009 jku simple to do plug and play I installed a 2016 430n with no problems, I did have to purchase uconnect. Kit serapretly works great no good luck with the swap

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom