Tipm?

RCVRY

I’ve had some electrical gremlins for about a year now. Battery and alternator tested fine.

Dash lights go crazy, alert signal dings, headlights flicker, etc. Happens two maybe three times, then everything’s fine.

Today it started something new: the usual lights and dings then nothing. Dead [emoji88]. In the middle of the street with rush hour traffic.

No dash lights, hazards would not come on. It was like pulling the battery ground. Five minutes later, the hazards come on and it starts right up like nothing happened.

I called and canceled the tow truck and drove it home without incident. About 4 blocks.

“Cleaned” already clean battery terminals and tightened the snot out of them.

Wtf.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RCVRY

Might be a developing battery problem? Maybe have it load tested just to rule it out. It’s free at most auto parts stores.

I dunno. Never seen a battery go dead, like no hazard lights or nothing for five minutes, then just starts back up like nothing ever happened.

It was flashing dash lights and alarms, instant off for five minutes, then right back on.

I have no aftermarket accessories either.

thedrod

I’ve had some electrical gremlins for about a year now. Battery and alternator tested fine.

Dash lights go crazy, alert signal dings, headlights flicker, etc. Happens two maybe three times, then everything’s fine.

Today it started something new: the usual lights and dings then nothing. Dead [emoji88]. In the middle of the street with rush hour traffic.

No dash lights, hazards would not come on. It was like pulling the battery ground. Five minutes later, the hazards come on and it starts right up like nothing happened.

I called and canceled the tow truck and drove it home without incident. About 4 blocks.

“Cleaned” already clean battery terminals and tightened the snot out of them.

Wtf.

I fought this for a while. I eventually ordered a rebuilt TIPM from tipmrebuilders.com and it seems to have fixed my issues.
I have a 2015JKUR

RCVRY

I fought this for a while. I eventually ordered a rebuilt TIPM from tipmrebuilders.com and it seems to have fixed my issues.
I have a 2015JKUR

I just received the same one from them. I’ll be putting it in tomorrow after work. The price is right and every new one had a two week lead time. I figured with a one year warranty I’d give their rebuild a try.

Graeman

Are you guys using RockAuto/Auto Parts Stores or going online and getting MAK's TIPM? My JK has 67k miles on it but, I have lost the dome light feature and the transmission light. I pulled the center console out to replace a burnt bulb in the transmission plug and it did nothing. So I put a meter on it and it reads 2 volts of power which is why a new bulb will not light up. I tried a LED build and it worked but was very dimly lit. So is this a precursor to the TIPM or just a multi function turn signal switch replacement?

RCVRY

Are you guys using RockAuto/Auto Parts Stores or going online and getting MAK's TIPM? My JK has 67k miles on it but, I have lost the dome light feature and the transmission light. I pulled the center console out to replace a burnt bulb in the transmission plug and it did nothing. So I put a meter on it and it reads 2 volts of power which is why a new bulb will not light up. I tried a LED build and it worked but was very dimly lit. So is this a precursor to the TIPM or just a multi function turn signal switch replacement?

I ordered right through their website. Not sure how the turn signal switch relates to the dome light?

If your tipm goes bad you’ll know it. Shit will go haywire. It will leave you with a “wtf?” feeling.

Alan McDermott

Are your Mack TIPM's working fine? Did they program them for you? I thought they had to be programmed for your exact vehicle.

I took mine to the dealer yesterday because tree radiator fan wasn't working and they believe the fan burnt out and shorted out the TIPM. $1800 just to replace the TIPM, and then im sure I'd need a fan.

I had my TIPM replaced with a rebuilt one by Mak. First one they delivered fixed my door lock issue but somehow had a wiper issue. Second one had a broken socket on the bottom. Third one worked great. I kept my original just in case.

G-mansjk

The crappy thing is, with all the electronics wanting to see .05volts to 4.5 volts direct current and the alternator putting out up to 14.5 volts alternating current. A battery failing can cause all kinds of dumb issues along with the diode trio in the alternator, and testing battery voltage and alternator output is always a good place to start with electrical gremlins because of this. Hopefully the tpim takes care of it for you.
I dunno. Never seen a battery go dead, like no hazard lights or nothing for five minutes, then just starts back up like nothing ever happened.

It was flashing dash lights and alarms, instant off for five minutes, then right back on.

I have no aftermarket accessories either.

That's right I'm a window licker, I can't spell, my grammar sucks!!!!

G-mansjk

Make sure you use dielectric grease on the spade connectors and check all relays and
fuses before reinstalling.

That's right I'm a window licker, I can't spell, my grammar sucks!!!!

Top Bottom