Wifes JL build up...Suger Booger

deantac

I haven't even made one payment yet and I have ordered a bunch of upgrades...:dont_tell:

The Plan is 2.5" lift
37" tires
Winch and bumpers
Spare tire carrier
Power steps
Plus more stuff planed

UPS has dropped off stuff this week and that is where I stand right now.

Starting Pic of the Stock Jeep

IMG_1523.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg
IMG_1564.jpg
IMG_1565.jpg
IMG_1566.jpg
IMG_1567.jpg

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Good plan. I was questioning the idea of a winch and power steps together. If you need a winch the Power steps might not last too long where you're at.
Might want to rethink and go with sliders. Unless she just really wanted them... the wife is always right even when she isn't. :D

deantac

I ordered the Rockslide Engineering ones. I call them steps but I guess they are sliders. Is that what you’re saying. Wife needs help getting in ...even stock height, she has a leg problem that makes it difficult to get in and out. If things work out for me she will go buy a car and I’ll keep the JL. :driving:

jdofmemi

I haven't even made one payment yet and I have ordered a bunch of upgrades...:dont_tell:

The Plan is 2.5" lift
37" tires
Winch and bumpers
Spare tire carrier
Power steps
Plus more stuff planed

UPS has dropped off stuff this week and that is where I stand right now.

Starting Pic of the Stock Jeep

View attachment 326108

View attachment 326097
View attachment 326098
View attachment 326099
View attachment 326100
View attachment 326101

Nice!

Looks like you are going to be busy on your days off.

deantac

Small update....Picked up rear bumper today and dropped it off at the powder coater on the way home.... Not sure when I can start I want to try and bring my Jeep to High Desert Round Up at the end of this month. I need to do some things to mine before I can go. Here is a few pics of what is going on the Jeep.

ARB front bumper, Currie arms, Trac bars and Links, Fox reservoirs with custom valving and Evo Spare tire carrier.

IMG_1573.jpg
IMG_1574.jpg
IMG_1575.jpg
IMG_1576.jpg

jdofmemi

Hope to see you at High Desert Roundup.

I will be there for sure, and the little woman with her JL as well

deantac

Quick update...

UPS deliveries this week , Tuffy storage for both our Jeeps. Picked up wife's rear bumper from powder coating place and a few more of her suspension stuff came in. waiting on sliders that are coming next Monday.

My steering pump started to screech so I ordered a replacement...went to a CBX pump and remote reservoir. so I'm working on that swap, because of my high line inner fenders it does not fit so I have to modify things some.

IMG_1620.jpg

deantac

I did this on my days off this week...Flipped the sway bar monstrosity up.

IMG_1720.jpg

Installed my lift

IMG_1721.jpg
IMG_1722.jpg

Matched up next to Desert Beast...LOL

IMG_1725.jpg

IMG_1731.jpg
IMG_1732.jpg
IMG_1733.jpg

Pile of parts

IMG_1734.jpg

deantac

Parts list...

Accutune lift for JL 2.5 " lift

2.5" front springs and 1" rear springs...Eibach springs

Fox custom valved shocks

Currie control arms

Currie sway bar links

Currie trac bars

1.75 front spring spacer

Rear spring spacer......Rough country 3/4" spacer on axle housing

Hooker muffler delete ....sounds bad ass now... for a V6, lol

Things I still need to do this coming days off

Synergy steering ....steering link and tie rod

Fox steering stabilizer ATS

EVO tire carrier

Rear bumper

Slider steps

Last edited:

deantac

ARB bumper and CTI winch do not fit together well at all....had to trim bumper frame horn mount and use .750 spacer to be able to get bolts to line up and winch not hit/rub frame...also not able to center winch with fairlead. this bumper will be replaced. another style winch would fit better than the offset the CTI has.

jdofmemi

The JL is looking good.

Shame about the bumper/winch issues. I didn't notice it until I read what you said then went back to the pics.

Top Bottom