Jeep Hauler trailer

Indefatigable

With the passing of my father last year, I have been blessed with a truck (F350) and camper.

Used it a couple times last year. There is something about it, kind of like a roof top tent these overlanders talk about, but better. :)

I have decided to pick up a trailer to haul the Jeep around beind it on.

After looking at all the makes that seem to be available within an hour or two drive, I have found none really did it for me. Most did one thing well, but they all did one thing really poorly.

What I came up with on my shopping list:
18' deck
10k rating
spare tire and mount
fenders that I can stand on
flush mount LED lights
front jack not mounted at the hitch -the further back the better
rear swing up & removeable jacks
Decent wiring harness - not scotch locs!

Internet searching turned up the one trailer that no dealer had on a lot. A buggy hauler. Being that I, and most of my friends, do not have trailers to haul our Jeeps around on, this style was not on our radar. But it fits my shopping list.

What I came up with was a Buggy Hauler (B5) from PJ Trailers.

Appears to do everything I need it to do.

Found one for an acceptable price, but I would be buying sight unseen from a dealer (new trailer).

Anyone have this trailer? Experience with it?

Thank you

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Why not buy a used one and build it how you want it. Your requests could be done pretty easily to a used trailer.

MTNBKR

I agree with Overlander, however if you set on buying one already fixed up, then give Sooner Trailers a buzz.
Good Luck

snopro

Banned
With the passing of my father last year, I have been blessed with a truck (F350) and camper.

Used it a couple times last year. There is something about it, kind of like a roof top tent these overlanders talk about, but better. :)

After looking at all the makes that seem to be available within an hour or two drive, I have found none really did it for me. Most did one thing well, but they all did one thing really poorly.

18' deck
10k rating
spare tire and mount
flush mount LED lights

Internet searching turned up the one trailer that no dealer had on a lot. A buggy hauler. Being that I, and most of my friends, do not have trailers to haul our Jeeps around on, this style was not on our radar. But it fits my shopping list.

Found one for an acceptable price, but I would be buying sight unseen from a dealer (new trailer).

Thank you

I bought the 20 ft with the 5200 lb axles all for $3200.00

Attachments

• image-4079539686.jpg
    image-4079539686.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 138
  • image-1325259031.jpg
    image-1325259031.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 137
  • image-1700218897.jpg
    image-1700218897.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 138
  • image-3765137621.jpg
    image-3765137621.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 136
  • image-3834257275.jpg
    image-3834257275.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 137

Rebel JK

18' deck
10k rating
spare tire and mount
flush mount LED lights

Thank you

I guess its assumed that the axles have brakes? For me that would be a top priority! I would go with brakes on both axles for what its worth. I had my F-350 brakes overheat and and fade to almost zero years ago coming back down Palomar mtn. on the way home from the desert. Luckily it was down near the bottom. Pretty scary when your 6000 lb trailer is pushing you down the hill. The trailer brakes went out putting all the load on the truck.

Indefatigable

Thank you for the responses.

Used trailers here are beat and are asking alot of money. Cost more to buy one and fix it than buy new!

Trailers in the NW and BC seem to cost more than anywhere else in the country. And not just a little bit more, alot more $$$. $3200 would be a give away price here!

BC law states that both axles must have brakes. Darn mountain highways ;)

thank you

snopro

Banned
Thank you for the responses.

Used trailers here are beat and are asking alot of money. Cost more to buy one and fix it than buy new!

Trailers in the NW and BC seem to cost more than anywhere else in the country. And not just a little bit more, alot more $$$. $3200 would be a give away price here!

BC law states that both axles must have brakes. Darn mountain highways ;)

thank you

The optional 5200 lb axles upgrade has brakes on both axles
I also got the 2 ft dovetail option

Top Bottom