Suggestions for PSC ram assist on 2012 JKU

BTkillerr

Hi all,
I’m hoping somebody has solved this issue already. I broke my steering box in Moab this year. Yes I broke the whole box! This was a good opportunity for an upgrade so I got the PSC big bore steering box with the ram assist. Tim at the PSC trailer was really good to me! Installed the steering box at midnight in the rain (what fun) and everything works fantastic.
Now that I’m home I was anxious to get started on the rest: pump, reservoir, and ram. Here’s the issue. I got my stabilizer off and cut the stabilizer tabs off. When I went to put the cylinder bracket on it wouldn’t clear. I have the Reid racing knuckles which raises my drag link and tie rod up so the rod end tabs on the cylinder bracket hit directly on my tie rod. I emailed PSC and they suggested either cutting and moving the tabs up on the bracket (which won’t work) or welding them on the axle.
Before I head down any of those paths I was hoping someone out there has experienced this and found a good solution. Any help is greatly appreciated!

BTKillerr

fiend

Caught the Bug
I have a synergy raised track bar bracket (welded on). When I went with Rancho knuckles (raised TB, like Reid’s) I had to cut off the ram tabs and weld them higher up on the bracket.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Ironically I just went through this when I installed a larger diameter Tie Rod. I also have the Reids. I ended up having to have custom mounts made to clear everything

20190421_123026_resized_1.jpg

20190421_122859_resized_1.jpg

20190421_122913_resized_1.jpg

JKRicky

Yup you will have to weld on new tabs higher up to clear. Since you are going down this path anyways, prob a good time to just install a stronger weld on TB bracket instead of bolt on, especially with a PSC ram.

BTkillerr

After reading some other posts I agree Ricky. Whatever mount I go with it'll be welded on. Thx for the pics Dday I may have to have something custom fabbed for my purposes. It also made me aware to allow for clearance of the rod end bolt to the tie rod. My lift was installed by Evo so I think it's their bracket. There may be room just below the track bar bolt to weld in new tabs. Maybe I'll give them a call and see what they can do for me...I can't weld lol...guess it's time to learn

Slimebones

After reading some other posts I agree Ricky. Whatever mount I go with it'll be welded on. Thx for the pics Dday I may have to have something custom fabbed for my purposes. It also made me aware to allow for clearance of the rod end bolt to the tie rod. My lift was installed by Evo so I think it's their bracket. There may be room just below the track bar bolt to weld in new tabs. Maybe I'll give them a call and see what they can do for me...I can't weld lol...guess it's time to learn

Good skill to have. As with most tools, they more than pay for themselves when you factor in labor costs and all. Take a welding class and save a lot of grief. Most community colleges offer classes fairly cheap and can be done evenings. Then you can have the satisfaction of doing the repairs yourself and know it was done right!

fiend

Caught the Bug

Here’s mine with a synergy TB bracket and a Currie TR clamp. Rancho knuckles. IMG_1831.jpg IMG_1829.jpg IMG_1830.jpg

BTkillerr

Great pics fiend...Looks like I have enough real estate to burn on the tabs on the existing bracket so I will probably go that route too

fiend

Caught the Bug
Great pics fiend...Looks like I have enough real estate to burn on the tabs on the existing bracket so I will probably go that route too

The synergy bracket has lots of room to locate the tabs in various places. I’ve seen others that are smaller. What do you have?

Top Bottom