Helloooooo from Calgary!!!!

MadMick

Hey Jeepsters, thanx for adding me. I just bought a 99 Wrangler TJ and I want to build a roof rack approximately 7’ long by 5’ wide so my girlfriend and I can sleep up there(we will be spending every summer weekend camping in thick bear country). Anyone done any DIY roof rack projects you could share pics of? I’m curious...

Happy Jeeping!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TomDabb

Welcome from New Jersey!
In bear country may I suggest installing expanded metal fence section around said sleeping quarters on the roof? We want to hear more from you in the future.
I’d suggest a good plumbing supply house and use black pipe and readily available 45 degree and 90 degree elbows.

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
Welcome to WAL from Kansas City. So long as you don't present yourself as food or a threat bears, as well as, other critters should leave you alone.

MadMick

Thanx for all the welcomes!! I have a tentative design in the back of my head, being an experienced welder/machinist/millwright I’m sure I will be able to fabricate something close...and then cut it all off and do it again right(measure once, cut twice, and then bash it-in until it fits[emoji12])...I’m just hoping for tips from people who’ve built something similar...
Being a very experienced bushman, I have plans of purchasing a small/temporary 12v or solar powered electric fencing kit...along with bear spray, bangers and of course, the model IV Lee Enfield .303 that my grandfather carried in France from 1914-1919 (as a last resort of course) I’m confident I’ll be prepared for most situations...
Would love to see pics if anyone has any more input. Black pipe, 90’s & 45’s are definitely on the menu 🤪

Happy Jeeping, friends!!!!! See you in the bush!!!

Gbint

Welcome from Vancouver island. Too many cougars here. Makes camping a bit risky especially if you bring your dogs. Calgary eh! If you don’t like the weather wait 10 minutes [emoji15]

Top Bottom