Thread: What Air Bags?

Fresh Catch

What Air Bags?

What air bag setup you guys running? Ive got a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CCSB with 5.9L Cummins. Running 35" Ridge Graps with Don Thuren leveling kit, track bar, and Thuren house shocks. Before I put the level kit on it set it down to a little past level. Now it sits it down too far. Just need some help back there. What are you guys running? Been looking at the Air Lift 5000 89295 Ultimate Plus with jounce bumper. Probably just air it up thru air lines as I need it for now and then go back and add compressor later. I know to plumb the lines seperate so they dont just swap air back and forth. Anything else I should look at? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Glen1978 View Post
    What air bag setup you guys running? Ive got a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CCSB with 5.9L Cummins. Running 35" Ridge Graps with Don Thuren leveling kit, track bar, and Thuren house shocks. Before I put the level kit on it set it down to a little past level. Now it sits it down too far. Just need some help back there. What are you guys running? Been looking at the Air Lift 5000 89295 Ultimate Plus with jounce bumper. Probably just air it up thru air lines as I need it for now and then go back and add compressor later. I know to plumb the lines seperate so they dont just swap air back and forth. Anything else I should look at? TIA
    We've run a few on our pickups at work to help out when hauling a trailer. I don't remember the specific kits though. One thing is to get good stover lock nuts. We had one kit kept loosening with nylocks and split washers. I'm not sure of the reasoning. It may have been because the kit had brackets that mounted on the outboard side of the frame instead of directly under it. Additionally I'm not sure if you're talking about the rear sitting low when towing or not towing. I'd advise against using airbags to level your truck out if not towing. It'll ride like shit. We forgot to bleed the air out after unhooking a couple times. After the first bump you immediately realize this..haha

Quote Originally Posted by Glen1978 View Post
    I used to install the Firestone Ride Rite kits. Great feedback from customers. Drilling through the frame is a bitch, but the kits are nice.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

I have always run Firestones.

The 2003+ kits don't require any drilling.

I picked up a set in 2003 for my 2003 Dodge 3500. Before I sold it I removed them. I then installed the same bags on my 2007. They were still holding air when I sold that truck last year. 15 years!

I installed the Firestone Red Label bags on my 2016 Ram 3500. They hold more pressure and handle more weight.
    Byron Haner - Wickersham, Wa
    2016 JKUR HR
    Evo Offroad DTD w/Evo Lever
    Dynatrac Elite ProRock XD60/80
    40" Procomp MT, 17" B.A.D. Wheels

My Build Thread