ARB Seal

PATRIOTKJM

Anyone else dealing with failed seals on their locker? Over the course of two months I’ve learned that ARB had a large batch of inadequate seals go out. Now they are saying another month before they get replacements in from Africa.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
How do you know you have an air leak to your locker?...and where did you get the info on ARB seals being bad?

I had an small issue during EJS when I hit my rear locker switch and heard my compressor run for an inordinate amount of time, not shut off when the locker/airline pressurized as usual...wasn’t sure if my rear was actually locked...it only happened twice, then didn’t happen again for the rest of the trip...

found out the hard way to SLIDE the o ring on, do NOT roll it, its not a circle, its a square and you hurt it when rolled. Use a lot of o ring lubricant too. Hadn't heard of the bad batch though.

WJCO

Meme King
How do you know you have an air leak to your locker?...and where did you get the info on ARB seals being bad?

I had an small issue during EJS when I hit my rear locker switch and heard my compressor run for an inordinate amount of time, not shut off when the locker/airline pressurized as usual...wasn’t sure if my rear was actually locked...it only happened twice, then didn’t happen again for the rest of the trip...

Mine did that same thing when the piston seal went bad. Not the seal housing seals, there is another piston seal inside the locker. ARB took care of it.

Brute

Hooked
Mine did that same thing when the piston seal went bad. Not the seal housing seals, there is another piston seal inside the locker. ARB took care of it.

My lockers are fairly new, installed by Dynatrac last fall...

nbunga

Caught the Bug
I told myself to order a spare o-ring when I was installing my arb last year, just in case I messed it up and it ended up leaking by. Haven’t had any problems yet. But I still haven’t ordered a spare. Oops

WJCO

Meme King
My lockers are fairly new, installed by Dynatrac last fall...

Mine had less than 40 miles on it. Brand new. It can happen. I may not have clarified in the thread below, but I could get it to lock, but like yours, there was this intermittent long-term air running. Sometimes it would lock and sometimes it wouldn't.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/45960-ARB-Customer-Service

Iirc, when it acted up and the compressor kept running, I could move the Jeep forward and backwards a little and still get it to lock. Can't remember for sure since it was such a short experience for me and got fixed quickly.

Last edited:

RCVRY

Mine had less than 40 miles on it. Brand new. It can happen. I may not have clarified in the thread below, but I could get it to lock, but like yours, there was this intermittent long-term air running. Sometimes it would lock and sometimes it wouldn't.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/45960-ARB-Customer-Service

Iirc, when it acted up and the compressor kept running, I could move the Jeep forward and backwards a little and still get it to lock. Can't remember for sure since it was such a short experience for me and got fixed quickly.

Just asking, anyone with an air locker wish they’d gone for the cable locker? Ox right?

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Just asking, anyone with an air locker wish they’d gone for the cable locker? Ox right?

I’ve never used or been with anybody that has a cable setup. But I don’t see any reason to go with that over the air and electric I have now. I guess the advantage would be to not have to worry about on board air.

RCVRY

Air and electric?

Old school, talking YJ days, guys figured out an AC compressor for belt driven on board air. Can’t recall the specs as I never did it, but it was very efficient with a reservoir.

Wishing I could adapt something similar with a JK. Rather than the electric pumps.

I never need my AC anyway. Now I’m rambling. Sorry. Just thinking. Dangerous. [emoji6]

Last edited:
Top Bottom