Tfx body lift/lvl

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Hello all.
I've got a 2017 jeep jku sahara. Never liked the rake and with a winch on the front its much worse.

I'm curious what everyones thoughts are on the teraflex body lift and leveling kits. They worth it? Should i get it with the shocks or the just the cheaper kit with the spacers?

When the stock tires wear I plan on moving up to 35s and once those wear (and if i can make the necessary/significant mods) I'd like to move up to 37s. Can these kits be used in conjunction with a more proper lift kit, say maybe a 3" with all the bells and whistles, to give me enough clearance to run the bigger wheels?

Can i piece together a premium 3" lift setup over time or is it better getting that all at once? What parts/phases would you do to step up to the 37s?

I plan on adding the Metalcloak Overline flares and trim which should help with clearance. Supposedly they will allow 37s to clear on a stuck setup. But i want the additional clearance also.

My ride is a daily driver. I'm close to redbird sra and plan on wheeling there. As well as traveling to some other trails. It will be dual use.

Cheers all thanks in advance!

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Not going to find a lot of love for a body lift or any TF products around here.

If you’re going 35’s then why not check out the Rancho Sport Lift or EVO Leveling Kit? You can trim your stock fenders or invest in the others that you mentioned.

If you’re going to 37’s then don’t bother with the 35’s. Just get a decent lift and start saving for the axel and gear swap.

Andy5160

Hooked

If you’re going 35’s then why not check out the Rancho Sport Lift or EVO Leveling Kit? You can trim your stock fenders or invest in the others that you mentioned.

If you’re going to 37’s then don’t bother with the 35’s. Just get a decent lift and start saving for the axel and gear swap.

^^^^^ that. Do it right the first time. EVO,Rancho combination is what I would go with. You can piece together nice start up lift kit for around $1000 with adjustable Rancho shocks

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Primo82

Caught the Bug

Thanks for the advice! Why no love for TF? Just curious, I've only heard good things from my few jeep friends with regards to their lift kits.

I will definitely check out those brands.

I plan on doing 37s right. Front axle swap. Reinforce. Power steering assist. Want to get geared right. Lockers. Tire carrier. Etc. I think i know what i need for the most part.

It's just easier on my budget right now if i invest 3k a year or so to modifications. That'll go up when i finish out my garage. But with the $$$ necessary to fit 37s on the rig i think an intermediate step would be warranted.

Granted. If i get a lift for 37s and run 35s for 4 or 5 years no biggy.

And if i could fix the rake and get an extra inch of clearance for a couple hundred and a weekend day it would be worth it now. Especially if it can be used in my future build.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Top Bottom