JK PSC big bore steering system help!

BTkillerr

Hope somebody had this issue. I am installing the PSC big bore setup, with cooler, in my 2012 JK. All hardware is installed, not a problem. Pressure line installed. It's the low pressure side (return) thats got me hosed (literally). The reservoir has a 3/8 inch barbed fitting. The return from the steering box to the cooler and all cooler fittings are for 1/2 inch hose. Theres the issue! I have 1/2 fittings on the outlet of the cooler and 3/8 inch fittings on the inlet to the reservoir. WTF? EVERYTHING in the kit from PSC is 1/2 inch barbed fittings except on the inlet to the reservoir. Would it be an issue if I put a 1/2 inch to 3/8 inch barb reducing the size downstream to the reservoir?

Any insights would be helpful.

BTKillerr

Coop

Caught the Bug
Hope somebody had this issue. I am installing the PSC big bore setup, with cooler, in my 2012 JK. All hardware is installed, not a problem. Pressure line installed. It's the low pressure side (return) thats got me hosed (literally). The reservoir has a 3/8 inch barbed fitting. The return from the steering box to the cooler and all cooler fittings are for 1/2 inch hose. Theres the issue! I have 1/2 fittings on the outlet of the cooler and 3/8 inch fittings on the inlet to the reservoir. WTF? EVERYTHING in the kit from PSC is 1/2 inch barbed fittings except on the inlet to the reservoir. Would it be an issue if I put a 1/2 inch to 3/8 inch barb reducing the size downstream to the reservoir?

Any insights would be helpful.

BTKillerr

Had the same thing. Asked PSC and they sent me the 1/2 inch AN fitting for the reservoir and hose end fitting. I bought more 1/2 inch hose too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BTkillerr

Thx Coop, Glad I am not the only one with that issue. I ran around and found a 3/8 inch pipe to 3/8 hose and attached it to the outlet of the cooler. Running hoses now. I will most likely get the same fitting from PSC and run 1/2 all the way. Time to get my jeep o the road tho.

wjtstudios

Hooked
The cooler should have come with a new 1/2 fitting that Attaches to the reservoir. I just put mine in and it came with that fitting. It completely replaces the return line from the Rez to the cooler and then to the gear.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BTkillerr

You're right it did. I realized that after I found the work around. I wish I had another 90 degree elbow though. Maybe they should do a write up for the cooler install regarding the change in fittings. But its all installed and runs smooth.

wjtstudios

Hooked
You're right it did. I realized that after I found the work around. I wish I had another 90 degree elbow though. Maybe they should do a write up for the cooler install regarding the change in fittings. But its all installed and runs smooth.

Yeah, it took a bit of thought, but once you get the lines routed right it worked out well.

Congrats on the upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom