How much should I ask?

borya

Hi guys, sorry in advance if similar topics were here before.
Enjoying my 2016 JKUR, automatic, 33K miles. Properly built by Chaos Fab Shop in Winchester VA. Teraflex Prerunner long arm lift, Evo springs, King shocks. Dynatrac big brake kit all around, 37 KO2s, 5.13 Yukon gears, Artec axle truss, high steering aluminum rods, Dynatrac ball joints, RCVs, JWs headlights, Baja Designs bumper mounted light bar, Navi, cloth heated seats, hard and soft (Bestop NX) tops, Superchip, Smittybilt X2O 10K winch, Smittybilt bumpers, Teraflex spare tire holder and other miscellaneous staff. Very clean and runs way better then stock with those bad ass long arm set up. Literally, can keep up with BMW X5 on curvy road lol.
Using as a daily driver, going wheeling couple of times a year.
Love my JK, want a Trackhawk badly!))
Three options I’m considering:
1. Keep the JK and lease the TH. Most expensive option (and least likely because of that), also hate jumping between two vehicles.
2. Keep the JK and invest to V8 swap (thatÂ’s probably only thing what IÂ’m missing with the JK.
3. Sell the JK😭 and get the TH as a daily driver.
How much should I ask for the JK if go with option 3? Dealer wonÂ’t offer more than 30K even though there is over 25K invested in upgrades. IÂ’d rather keep it and do V8 swap.
Where is a good place to offer this kind of vehicle so someone who knows what was done to it will appreciate it and pay decent money?
Is 45K too much for this JK?
Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

borya

Wow first post and you have been a member since 2017 this is gonna be another good one

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app
Registered here when got my first Jeep, don’t have much time to spend on forums.
Looks like my first question here will not be answered))
Folks, if I’m in the wrong thread or forum, just help with link for the right one, that’s all I ask.
As far as I know, this is the most helpful Jeep forum in the US, but so far it doesn’t look like unfortunately.

dhughes16

I’ll probably be the most “polite” one to say this here so I’ll jump in before it gets ugly.... No one here is receptive to people not contributing at all then trying to pawn off their rigs or parts etc. yes, I understand that you didn’t say you were selling it to us and maybe this isn’t an “ad” but maybe just review the rules before you post some shit about trying to sell your rig.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Generally speaking you are lucky to recover 50% of the retail price of aftermarket parts, and you won’t recoup any labor except from suckers. In your case I would plan on less than 50% for some of the parts, and probably cash back to the buyer for the longarms since the buyer will most likely have to remove and replace them with something less prone to failure. Maybe even more cash back to the buyer if the Artec truss installation actually bent the housing.

jdofmemi

Registered here when got my first Jeep, don’t have much time to spend on forums.
Looks like my first question here will not be answered))
Folks, if I’m in the wrong thread or forum, just help with link for the right one, that’s all I ask.
As far as I know, this is the most helpful Jeep forum in the US, but so far it doesn’t look like unfortunately.

Well, you are right, this is the most helpful, knowledgeable Jeep forum going. I checked out all I could find, and this is not just a forum, but a community.

We don't take it well when people we don't know try to use it as Craigslist.
Your post had a hint of that, but wasn't a full blown "Buy my overpriced shit" post.

Now for the info, Sharkey nailed it.

People love their Jeep builds, but it is very hard to find someone who wants your build. Most want their own.

Another thing, especially here, is the problems with many of the Terraflex products are well known, and few will pay any premium for them.

If you like your Jeep as much as you say, keep it and do the V-8 swap.

Stick around and be part of something, or not, the choice is yours.

The good stuff as already been mentioned above. But... one thing to keep in mind that trumps everything. A TH WILL NEVER FILL THE SHOES OF ANY JK. So you have to ask yourself if losing all the capability and money on your upgrades is worth a few months of go fast fun. Eventually that wears off. But the memories of what your JK can provide will never ever fade. My .02

borya

The good stuff as already been mentioned above. But... one thing to keep in mind that trumps everything. A TH WILL NEVER FILL THE SHOES OF ANY JK. So you have to ask yourself if losing all the capability and money on your upgrades is worth a few months of go fast fun. Eventually that wears off. But the memories of what your JK can provide will never ever fade. My .02

Yes, JK and GC are different world. I’m leaning to JK more. Swapping a V8 is probably most desirable option for me right now. Don’t really want to sell my Jeep, I’ll definitely miss it.
Again, I’m not trying to “sell” it, especially here. Just wondering what’s my vehicle value is, didn’t realize this is “prohibited” question on this forum.

Yes, JK and GC are different world. I’m leaning to JK more. Swapping a V8 is probably most desirable option for me right now. Don’t really want to sell my Jeep, I’ll definitely miss it.
Again, I’m not trying to “sell” it, especially here. Just wondering what’s my vehicle value is, didn’t realize this is “prohibited” question on this forum.

I think if you contribute regularly and make it a point to be an active member of the community here it won’t be much of an issue. Good luck with the decision making but if it was me, I’d skip the overpriced grocery getter and just keep the JK for what it provides in memories. A V8 swap is certainly cheaper although harder to finance but, then you’ll at least have your cake and eat it too [emoji6]

Top Bottom