Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JL JOURNAL : DYNOMAX DELETE - JL Wrangler Muffler Elimination Tail Pipe w/SOUND CLIPS

Nothing but a Thing RESURECTIONJK's Avatar
    How does the sound compare to the system you had on Rubicat? I ended up putting the factory muffler back on the JK because I just was never happy with what was available at the time. The quiet crawler system I never had a chance to try it.

Sounds good! You just reminded me that I have to get under my Jeep eventually and fix an exhaust rattle been bothering me for too long

Quote Originally Posted by longarmwj View Post
    The 3.6 with the right exhaust sounds really good. The 3.6 with the wrong exhaust sounds like the end result of a night of whisky and Taco Bell.

As usual, great video
    LOL - it really does make a difference. Fortunately, this setup only costs about $90 and was worth giving it a try. Fortunately, it really isn't too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by TOPLESS View Post
    “Nothing a little lubricant can’t fix”. Lol thats what she said. But seriously that did free up alot of space. Hopefully this takes care of the hanger breakage.
    Indeed and yeah, I think it'll get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    Easy enough install and pretty good sound too.
    Oh yeah, super easy install and as you've heard in person, not too bad sounding.

Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    Going to watch this video later, but no joke, Alex asked me like 30 minutes ago if I could make the jeep exhaust a bit louder! Lol
    You married well

Quote Originally Posted by MericaMade View Post
    Looks and sounds good! Did you paint black or add something new to the lower rear body panels for protection?
    LOL - just added some black vinyl to the pinch seam.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird 11 View Post
    I like the sound. Did it pick up any mpg?
    Nah. There's no way ANY exhaust system alone will give you better MPG. You'd have to install a CAI, headers AND a highflow exhaust to see any measurable gains. Albeit, they'd be minute.

Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    I’m surprised. It seems to sound a lot like a Quiet Crawler on a JK.
    You know, I'd have to agree. I think the JL resonator is a lot better than what came on the JK with a 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by dpetersen1988 View Post
    Wow don't even need and exhaust system that sounds pretty decent.
    For a JL, it's not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by briand View Post
    Great video as usual! The sound didn’t seem to change enough to cause to much of a headache. Was that last clip a bit of a teaser of trails to come?
    I was beginning to wonder if anyone would see it

Quote Originally Posted by RESURECTIONJK View Post
    How does the sound compare to the system you had on Rubicat? I ended up putting the factory muffler back on the JK because I just was never happy with what was available at the time. The quiet crawler system I never had a chance to try it.
    As Clay mentioned, this setup on a JL sounds similar to the quite crawler on a JK with a 3.6L. In other words, a LOT better than a lot of the systems that were sold for the JK.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsouder53 View Post
    Sounds good! You just reminded me that I have to get under my Jeep eventually and fix an exhaust rattle been bothering me for too long
    LOL - hope you get it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    LOL - it really does make a difference. Fortunately, this setup only costs about $90 and was worth giving it a try. Fortunately, it really isn't too bad.

Indeed and yeah, I think it'll get the job done.

Oh yeah, super easy install and as you've heard in person, not too bad sounding.

You married well

LOL - just added some black vinyl to the pinch seam.

Nah. There's no way ANY exhaust system alone will give you better MPG. You'd have to install a CAI, headers AND a highflow exhaust to see any measurable gains. Albeit, they'd be minute.
    Oh yea, she's coming around more and more lol.. just finished the video, looks real straight forward, sounded nice from what I could tell.. little teaser in the last few seconds there??

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I wish the Jk was that easy..... "Too Ricey"? You named your Jeep "Jet Li" ... to late for that. Lol.... and I see what you did there at the end... looking forward to the new feature video!

That sounds really good. It’s nice how easy to install it is.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Cool video and the new set-up sounds pretty good
    Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
    At The Store: discounttire.com
    To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Useful Links:

Fresh Catch

Question

I love watching you videos and have learned a lot from your straight forward repairs and installs. I'm wondering if that muffler deletion will still be Calunicornia SMOG legal?
    BrewskiSteve

It sounds good to me...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast