JL JOURNAL : DYNOMAX DELETE - JL Wrangler Muffler Elimination Tail Pipe w/SOUND CLIPS

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Call us crazy but Cindy and I really like the sound of the factory, Jeep JL Wrangler exhaust system. It sounds clean, throatty and without being too loud across the spectrum. In fact, we like it so much that we've been reluctant to remove our muffler in spite of the fact that it really is a HUGE rock target, one that we've hit plenty of times and one that will cause you to break the aluminum exhaust hangers. Of course, it doesn't hurt that the experience we've acquired on our JK Wranglers over the last 12+ years has taught us, there are definitely drawbacks to removing the OE muffler an/or running an aftermarket exhaust system. The biggest of which isn't so much an issue with sound quality but rather, how it can drone at highway speeds. If you do a lot of long highway driving like we do to get to trails across America and back again, an exhaust drone can really wear you down. Needless to say, when we installed our new Dynomax Muffler Elimination Pipe, we did so with reservations and only because we knew that we could always return things back to stock. And, after running it for a couple of months and racking up a few thousand miles on it including drives out to places like Moab and back, I'm happy to say that we're glad we did it.

In this episode of the JL JOURNAL, you get to see just how easy it is to ditch your massive muffler and install a Dynomax Delete tailpipe and all for about $90. We also made sure to include some sound clips, in various situations and we hope you'll find them to be helpful.

BUY a Dynomax Muffler Elimination Pipe
https://amzn.to/2U1EKhq

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

DYNOMAX JL WRANGLER MUFFLER ELIMINATION PIPE
The Jeep JL® Muffler Elimination Pipe makes quick and easy work of removing your vehicle’s muffler. This muffler elimination pipe is easy to install, and delivers a deep performance tone. It is manufactured with mandrel bent, Stainless Steel pipe that will last for years to come. The Jeep JL Muffler Elimination Pipe is engineered to provide optimal ground clearance along with an improvement in horsepower & torque. This kit is designed to function with aftermarket suspension systems and frame/body protection accessories.

• Straight through design ensures unrestricted exhaust flow and reduces back pressure
• 2.5-in. Mandrel bent Stainless Steel tubing for lifelong protection
• Engineered for high ground clearance
• Provides increased sound and tone.

longarmwj

The 3.6 with the right exhaust sounds really good. The 3.6 with the wrong exhaust sounds like the end result of a night of whisky and Taco Bell.

As usual, great video

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
“Nothing a little lubricant can’t fix”. Lol thats what she said. But seriously that did free up alot of space. Hopefully this takes care of the hanger breakage.

MericaMade

Looks and sounds good! Did you paint black or add something new to the lower rear body panels for protection?

How does the sound compare to the system you had on Rubicat? I ended up putting the factory muffler back on the JK because I just was never happy with what was available at the time. The quiet crawler system I never had a chance to try it.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Sounds good! You just reminded me that I have to get under my Jeep eventually and fix an exhaust rattle [emoji51] been bothering me for too long

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The 3.6 with the right exhaust sounds really good. The 3.6 with the wrong exhaust sounds like the end result of a night of whisky and Taco Bell.

As usual, great video

LOL - it really does make a difference. Fortunately, this setup only costs about $90 and was worth giving it a try. Fortunately, it really isn't too bad.

“Nothing a little lubricant can’t fix”. Lol thats what she said. But seriously that did free up alot of space. Hopefully this takes care of the hanger breakage.

:cheesy: Indeed and yeah, I think it'll get the job done. :yup:

Easy enough install and pretty good sound too.

Oh yeah, super easy install and as you've heard in person, not too bad sounding. :cool:

Going to watch this video later, but no joke, Alex asked me like 30 minutes ago if I could make the jeep exhaust a bit louder! Lol

:cheesy: You married well :thumb:

Looks and sounds good! Did you paint black or add something new to the lower rear body panels for protection?

LOL - just added some black vinyl to the pinch seam. :crazyeyes:

I like the sound. Did it pick up any mpg?

Nah. There's no way ANY exhaust system alone will give you better MPG. You'd have to install a CAI, headers AND a highflow exhaust to see any measurable gains. Albeit, they'd be minute.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’m surprised. It seems to sound a lot like a Quiet Crawler on a JK.

You know, I'd have to agree. I think the JL resonator is a lot better than what came on the JK with a 3.6L

Wow don't even need and exhaust system that sounds pretty decent.

For a JL, it's not too bad.

Great video as usual! The sound didn’t seem to change enough to cause to much of a headache. Was that last clip a bit of a teaser of trails to come?

:cheesy: I was beginning to wonder if anyone would see it :crazyeyes:

How does the sound compare to the system you had on Rubicat? I ended up putting the factory muffler back on the JK because I just was never happy with what was available at the time. The quiet crawler system I never had a chance to try it.

As Clay mentioned, this setup on a JL sounds similar to the quite crawler on a JK with a 3.6L. In other words, a LOT better than a lot of the systems that were sold for the JK.

Sounds good! You just reminded me that I have to get under my Jeep eventually and fix an exhaust rattle [emoji51] been bothering me for too long

LOL - hope you get it fixed.

benatc1

Hooked
LOL - it really does make a difference. Fortunately, this setup only costs about $90 and was worth giving it a try. Fortunately, it really isn't too bad.

:cheesy: Indeed and yeah, I think it'll get the job done. :yup:

Oh yeah, super easy install and as you've heard in person, not too bad sounding. :cool:

:cheesy: You married well :thumb:

LOL - just added some black vinyl to the pinch seam. :crazyeyes:

Nah. There's no way ANY exhaust system alone will give you better MPG. You'd have to install a CAI, headers AND a highflow exhaust to see any measurable gains. Albeit, they'd be minute.
Oh yea, she's coming around more and more lol.. just finished the video, looks real straight forward, sounded nice from what I could tell.. little teaser in the last few seconds there??

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
I wish the Jk was that easy..... "Too Ricey"? You named your Jeep "Jet Li" ... to late for that. Lol.... and I see what you did there at the end... looking forward to the new feature video!

Brewskisteve

I love watching you videos and have learned a lot from your straight forward repairs and installs. I'm wondering if that muffler deletion will still be Calunicornia SMOG legal?:question::question:

Top Bottom